us

1.02.2011

whoppers are not the answer..

...The answer is working my fat ass out. Since it's a new year and this goal is on my Resolutions list and my 101 in 1001 list, I'm honestly going to make a real effort. Maybe I'll enlist my friends Tabitha and Darlene (since Tab is working on losing more weight and Darlene is "training" for a marathon[hehe, I love you Darlene and Tab! :P]).

But seriously, I've been looking on LookBook for inspirations for new outfits and everything I see I like, but then I find similar pieces online and I feel like a hippopotamus for not even being able to semi look decent in them (mostly the dresses, because all the cute ones are form fitting, or really too expensive for my poor college ass).

I read Kim's blog (Fashion Momma) and she always looks so adorable! I know I can pull an outfit with similar pieces, but I always feel so desperate when I actually look at my closet.


And by no means am I obese. I won't reveal my actual weight (actually, at this point it really doesn't matter. My whole life is on the internet anyways...), but according to Wii Fit and their BMI calculator I'm "overweight". Which somedays I agree with and others I disagree. I have curves, and a little extra BLAH in the middle, which I'm not insecure about. And I will be changing in 2011. Also, I'm not totally against shopping at Torrid. Because it's the one store I can feel tiny in (and find stuff that fits me correctly/not like a sausage in tubing..). But it's also expensive(alright, not expensive.. just more than a poor college student like me wants to spend on clothing).


Anyone have any figure-considerate websites/outfit ideas for me? I'm up for any sugguestions!

2 comments:

  1. Girl, you are beautiful- inside and out! I have a really tough time with "trendy" pieces, because they just aren't usually tailored to fit bodies that aren't 5'10" stick figures. I used to be mad at my body for not fitting the clothes I wanted to wear. Now, I just get mad at the clothes, don't buy them, and try something else. Just remember that we aren't made for clothes. Clothes are made for US. I have really good luck finding jeans that fit well at Charlotte Russe. And a lot of my tops and slacks are from New York and Company. Target and WalMart are always awesome, too- and after reading your comment, I realized my floral tank IS from WalMart! I just bought it on the same day I got two other tanks from Rue 21!

    So, I'm here, with you, for the new year! I'm your newest follower, and cheerleader. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always have trouble finding trendy clothes that will fit me. I don't know why because according to my Wii [:0)] I'm in the normal range. I think it's just trendy people. They suck.

    :0]

    I've actually started shopping at "old people" stores now. Maybe it's because I've gotten older but they fit me better! Best thing to do - go outlet shopping and visit the stores you'd never dream of going in to.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Unicorns and narwhals will dance over a rainbow of sunshine and candy kisses if you leave me a comment. :)