us

1.16.2011

$30 a week - week 2

Sorry I'm a day late on this, I'm considering just making my week start Sunday.


eBay - $22.98
*I bought Daria: The Complete Animated Series. This was the bulk of my budget this week, which wasn't necessary but I've wanted it for a long time. So now I have it and I can watch her (me, essentially) anytime I'd like.


Vending Machines - $3.60
*Monday before a meeting I was STARVING (no seriously, I had a bowl of cereal that morning and that was it. And the meeting was at 9:30PM) so I grabbed a water, Cheeze-itz and Sun Chips.


Europe Trip - $300.00 (deposit)
*This doesn't count toward my weekly challenge because it's required that I spend this. Anyways, this means I'm going!!! I have my meeting Thursday to get my itinerary and whatnot!



Amazon - $35.92
*Instead of sharing a book with my friend, I decided to purchase this because I really am starting to like Cyberlaw (read this post here to help me decide graduate school!!). Once again, since this is required it doesn't count!



Romo's Cafe - $9.36
*I had lunch on Thursday on campus. Since this wasn't really necessary and wasn't groceries, I'm counting it. I'm getting the smallest meal plan this week (commuter, $250 per(for this) semester) so any food I get on campus doesn't count towards my goal, which is good. Also, I won't be counting the $250 that costs to buy the plan since my Mom is giving me this money (since she loves me :) I love my family!).

Comcast - $148.41
*This is a bill, obviously. Therefore it doesn't count towards my challenge.


Victoria's Secret - $30.00
*This doesn't count either since it's a payment to my credit card bill.


Total Amount Spent - $35.94
Total Amount Spent Over Goal - $5.94



I've gotten alot better with my money this week! This is probably because I didn't have the money to spend until Friday and all that money went to bills. This week should be an actual challenge since I'll have a tiny bit more money, but we shall see what happens next week!


I've decided to take a serious pledge to get to the gym at least 3 times a week, if not 5. There's no excuse for me not to - it's free, closeby (on campus) and I have time. Mondays and Wednesdays I can get there in the morning before class at 2 (Mondays) and work at 1 (Wednesdays). Fridays I don't have class or work, therefore going anytime during the day/all day is required. Tuesdays and Thursdays are a little more strapped for time, but after my class lets out at 9:15AM I don't have anything until work at 1pm, which is the time period I need to go in.
My goal is to lose 20 pounds before I leave for Europe. I will do this.

1 comment:

  1. Good job chicky poo! I hate going to gym and I dropped my membership. SO... I'm saving $34 a month. Score.

    ReplyDelete

Unicorns and narwhals will dance over a rainbow of sunshine and candy kisses if you leave me a comment. :)