us

1.04.2011

been three whole days since i've had sleep..

I haven't been able to fall asleep when I go to bed. I was able to this afternoon when I took a nap. And yes, I know if you nap during the day usually you are awake for longer at night. This isn't what I'm talking about.

I'm talking about working all day (cleaning, etc. basically being awake and doing things that make me tired) and then when it's "time for bed" not being able to fall asleep because my mind is racing about everything.

I worry about paying off my credit card and paying for my trip to Europe. I haven't been doing well with my spending money thing. I've gone way off my $30 a week limit. But I promise when I update you I'll have a plan set up for next week.
I worry about finding an internship this summer and a job for either the fall or definitely the spring, since I'll be doing the bulk of my graduate classes in the spring, therefore I need a big-girl job.
I worry about my parents and what I'm going to do a few years down the line if (God forbid..) something happens to their health. I wonder how and if I can afford to keep the house up. Which I was talking to my Mom today about it... I have to do SERIOUS remodeling to the house to sell it. And even if I stay here way past graduation (which I plan on living at home after I graduate, unless I'm engaged... which, by the looks of how I'm going, won't happen anytime soon/around then), like have a family in this house, I need to remodel it. Everything is original (kitchen, bath, windows, floors) from when it was built in the 1960's.


I suffered from major anxiety attacks as a little girl. Mostly social anxiety, but anxiety over anything really. Now I still have them and they are mostly social. I don't go into huge fits like I would back in the day. Most people haven't seen me have an attack either, aside from family and close friends. But I think it's coming back. Because I will shake thinking about things at night and just sit on my iPod touch on Facebook/Twitter/Internet all night.


I just got done playing the original Roller Coaster Tycoon (which is completely amazing, by the way. I found it cleaning this/last evening) and still can't fall asleep, so therefore you're getting this post.


Do you think I should go to the doctors and ask about how to stop it? I don't want to be prescribed anything if I don't have to (for fear of potential addiction), but I also feel that going to a psychiatrist isn't going to help much either. (Darlene if you read this at some point this week, I'll talk to you first since you are a Psychology major :P maybe you can help!)

1 comment:

  1. I often stress alot as well and often about the same things; credit card, jobs, loans, relationships, etc...Its common. Some times like when im super busy or something I will get really agitated and my acid reflux will give me grief and sleeping with be hard from not only that but just thinking, thinking, thinking! As far as the shaking, it may just may a more severe sign of anxiety. But I don't think going to a doctor will hurt. I would go to a psychiatrist, not a family doctor.

    ReplyDelete

Unicorns and narwhals will dance over a rainbow of sunshine and candy kisses if you leave me a comment. :)