"And who do you think you are running around leaving scars?"
-"Jar of Hearts" by Christina Perri
One of my favorite songs of the moment. Also, We Came As Romans is my favorite band of the moment. I would suggest listening to them if you like REAL music. (The title of this is from a Jack's Mannequin song called "Into the Airwaves")
So syllabus week is complete. And despite half-falling asleep in two classes, it's been pretty good. I've actually been reading in my textbooks, which I rarely ever do, and I'm growing to really enjoy my International Business class/book. Sometimes I think I could have taken the easy way out by just being a Business major (probably would have been an International Business major) but then again I never take the easy route. Not saying some things in computers aren't easy, but obviously it's not for everyone or else everyone would be in that field.
I've semi-decided that I want to study International Business/cultures as well. Maybe a second undergrad degree? The only thing is that I don't know where I could find a job. My goal is to be very educated (probably over educated) and have a Bachelor of Science in Competitive Intelligence Systems, MBA in Business Management and Master of Science in well.. uh I have to decided that. After my Cyberlaw class Wednesday night, I've been researching careers in Law and in Cyberlaw/Securities. It's just so fascinating. My professor said "Now I want you to read the first chapter to get acquainted with the book. It's pretty dry and boring stuff, but so is the law". And while I lol-ed at that, I don't agree. I've read only a few pages but I already think it's really really interesting. (NERD!)
Therefore, my decisions with my grad school "major" (is that what you call it in grad school? A major? A concentration?) is between Information Systems Management and Information Security and Assurance.
So for my blogger friends (and other friends that read this!) what would you chose if you were me (a nerd)? If you're an "adult" with a "real job", what do you think would be a better path to get into? I think the names of the programs are pretty self-explanatory as to the possible positions.
Ok- so I have no idea what either of these are because I have a case of the dumbs tonight. BUT I will tell you this. I have my degree and yeah.. it's great. But the job I'm in now and I absolutely effing love it? Doesn't use it. I think as long as you end up doing something that you really like, you're passionate about and can talk about it anytime and love it... that's what you should do.
ReplyDelete