Guys, I'm gonna admit something huge to you.
Okay - it's not that huge.
I fail at fashion. I really do.
I always think I have cute pieces, but when I put them together I just feel so BLAH.
Actually, I think I have decent fashion sense, but for cold weather clothing.
Which is what I wore 9 months out of the year in Pittsburgh.
It was 87 degrees here today.
Granted, I spent 97% of the day inside, so I didn't really sweat.
But it would be really nice to dress for the summer at work.
As in, short sleeve shirts/blouses.
I honestly cannot find affordable* and flattering summer clothes.
(* - $50 for one shirt is absolutely stupid, I don't care how good the quality is)
(* - $50 for one shirt is absolutely stupid, I don't care how good the quality is)
I'm definitely at the stage in my life where stores like Forever 21 and H&M aren't really cutting it (for actual clothes, their accessories are great!).
And places like J.Crew, The Limited & Madewell are just too expensive for a girl with student loans out the wazoo.
Also, "budget" retailers don't make clothes that flatter my shape.
I'm not exactly plus size, but I'm definitely... larger on top.
If ya know what I mean (WINK).
If you look at my Pinterest fashion board, you can see I have decent taste.
But none of these pieces, or any like them, end up in my closet.



I absolutely love wearing jeans.
I'm probably one of the few people on this planet who think they're comfortable.
But now that it's summer, I need to start thinking shorts.
Which opens up a whole other Pandora's Box of "What type of shorts are appropriate for my age?"
I'm only 22, so I'm still a youngin'. But I don't feel like one.
And I actually have a figure, so booty shorts never looked good on me.
Sigh. Why can't I just wear jeans a tshirt every single day??
I'm probably one of the few people on this planet who think they're comfortable.
But now that it's summer, I need to start thinking shorts.
Which opens up a whole other Pandora's Box of "What type of shorts are appropriate for my age?"
I'm only 22, so I'm still a youngin'. But I don't feel like one.
And I actually have a figure, so booty shorts never looked good on me.
Sigh. Why can't I just wear jeans a tshirt every single day??
Any advice on places to shop, or ways to not feel like I'm dressing like a sloppy college student still?
My birthday is less than a month away (June 13!), so if you want to send me gift cards/clothing items, shoot me an email. ;)
I'm always down for presents.


Aww, I think you're too hard on yourself. Everyone has those feelings. I sometimes stand in my closet for 30 minutes swearing up and down that I have NOTHING to wear. Which of course isn't true. I think you should definitely invest in some classic pieces that you love - and go for colors that make you happy!
ReplyDeleteThose are cute outfits you put together - love the floral dress! And LOVE fat Schmidt...he's awesome :)
ReplyDeleteAnnie
The Other Side of Gray
I'm not the best with putting outfits together either lol, I can only find cute individual pieces haha. Ugh! I love wearing shorts but sometimes feel like they're not appropriate lol, longer shorts look foolish on me. I feel your pain!!
ReplyDeletexo, Haylee
http://www.dolledupdaily.com/
Kim you are preaching to the choir! What the heck is up with the short selection lately? Either my ass cheeks are hanging out or they are below my knee, what happened to the middle ground?! I actually lucked out on a pair of boyfriend shorts at Old Navy and found a modest pair of shorts at the Gap. I've had great luck finding staple pieces at the gap lately, if you sign up for their emails there are tons of sales and while their pieces aren't what I would consider "fast fashion" they are reasonably priced and last more than one washing, haha. Maybe try hitting up Marshalls or TJ Maxx, I found an amazing Free People dress on clearance, like over $180 off retail, I bought it for a friend's bridal shower but wear it all the time with a jean jacket and flats or blazer and heels.
ReplyDeleteSorry I wrote a novel! Hope this helps and good luck!