I love Christmas. It's my favorite time of year. It even beats my birthday. I love watching the snow fall. I love the red, silver, green and blues of the decorations. I love the music (I started listening to it before Halloween). I love baking, I love wrapping presents.
Actually, come to think of it there isn't much I hate. OKAY, I lied. I hate driving with all the people that only come out that time of year. Which is why I'm getting my holiday shopping done Wednesday. I've written my Christmas list and have prices down for everything, so I stay on budget.
I love buying and giving to others that I love. I love opening presents and receiving gifts too, but it's more fun to see others get excited. You would think I'd be resentful towards the season, because two years ago working night crew at Toys I met my ex, M. But for some reason, none of that bothers me. I've blocked out most of our relationship.
I know it's so little preteen and silly of me, but each Christmas I secretly (or not so secretly now..) hope for a REAL man to come into my life. Stupid right? Who knows. Might happen. You never know! (Prince Charming, if you're reading this let me know ;) I've been wanting to meet you!!)
Wednesday I'm also going to buy decorations for my apartment because it's too bare now. My mother asked if I wanted my Yia-Yia's old tree that we had in her basement every year, but it's just too big for my apartment and it would be a hassle to put up and take down for just a month or so. So I'm going to get a smaller tree to put up.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Unicorns and narwhals will dance over a rainbow of sunshine and candy kisses if you leave me a comment. :)