us

11.01.2010

hey mind reader...

I haven't been truly keeping up with my 30 days of truths. So anytime I do update about them, instead of catching up I'm just going to pick up where I left off.

Day 16 → Someone or something you definitely could live without.

I could live without the useless garbage I somehow come to accumulate. I don't know how it happens, but my things(desk, dresser, room.. etc) will be completely clean and organized and then the next second it's a disaster. I am lucky in the fact that I will notice this and get completely disgusted with it all and I go into OCD-cleaning mode. I have to do this to my bedroom at home, and hopefully if I feel better this weekend after my surgery I will do this (probably not.. but there's always hope!).

In other news, my dad is leaving for China next week. For most people, this would freak them out or make them nervous but for me and my family, it's completely normal. My dad's job has always, since I can honestly remember, required him to travel. He's been to China before, Brazil, Germany, India, France, Venezuela.. you name it, he probably has been there. Now that I'm older, I'm completely jealous of it all. He's seen so many amazing things. When I was younger he would try and show me pictures of everything when he returned home and I wouldn't care too much - I'd just want the present he brought back for me. But now, I find myself wanting to save the pictures and really ask him about these places.
I'm going to Switzerland, Germany and France May 9-19, 2011 for a International Marketing course I'm taking next semester and I couldn't be more excited. All I want is to go and experience the culture. I wish my family had more money for us to be able to travel abroad each summer or on school breaks, but unfortunately we're a NORMAL American family and we live within our means.

This weekend we're going to have a tiny Thanksgiving dinner before he leaves (he'll be back before Thanksgiving, but we're going to have it to show him that we'll miss him) and I hope I can eat somethings. I plan on trying to enjoy mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce (the kind that's shaped like the can :P )



Give me advice!!!

When you got your wisdom teeth out, what worked for you to heal quickly?

3 comments:

  1. The best way to keep things from piling up, is picking them up as soon as you're ready to discard. I'm sure I sound like a mom but trust me, my life used to be a HUGE disaster.

    Then I just started throwing things out or putting them away as soon as I was done using them. For example if I went to McDonald's, instead of leaving the cup on the holder and the bag full of napkins on my car floor, I would just throw all the sh*t out as soon as I left my car. It sounds simple, but that was SUCH an incredible task for me to accomplish and now my life is wayyyy more orderly. Not perfect, but much much better.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to do the same thing as feel as my room can be really messy for a week and then I will get really crazy and clean like everything in my house.
    I had my wisdom teeth (4) out in like June of 2008. I lived at my aunts while I went to ITT. I had them done at St. Clair Hospital and I had the actual surgery and IV. I think I scheduled them for a Thursday, that way I had the weekend to recuperate. When you wake up you will have gauze in your mouth, it will be bleeding for a little. You will have to be driven and go to get your pain pills ASAP! Take them within an hour of coming our of anestheia! I didn't and the pain started and it was horrible until they kicked in. I was on 3 different pills for a week and all had different times in which they needed taken. So I was setting my phone for like odd hours of the night and getting up to take pills. I had to have ice packs on my mouth for the first day or so. I wasn't very hungry but ate applesauce, soup, and such. It will hurt to chew food and once the pain does go away you will still get food stuck in the stitches. It will be weird. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks annah! i'm really going to try to do that. it's horrible how i let things pile up!

    and derek... you just make me nervous. i know all about the pain pills because we got them filled at the hospital after my tonsillectomy so i had them right away and i needed them. i just hate the pain. if i can sleep all weekend i'll be blessed!

    ReplyDelete

Unicorns and narwhals will dance over a rainbow of sunshine and candy kisses if you leave me a comment. :)