us

11.24.2010

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Here's a "What I'm Thankful For" post for tomorrow, since more than likely I'll be too busy/forget to post.


I'm thankful for..


My Parents

This picture is (obviously) their wedding picture. They got married in 1980 (notice my mom's retro dress!). If it weren't for them I a) wouldn't be here today(well duh!) and b) wouldn't be who I am without their guidance and support.

My sister and my Yia-Yia

***This picture is from Thanksgiving Day last year! My hair was so long then.. and I was skinnier. Oh how I miss those days.. sometimes. lol!***
Even though right now I'm kind of annoyed at my sister, I still am thankful for her. She's helped me through alot of tough times.
My Yia-Yia (grandma in Greek - if you didn't know already, I'm Greek Orthodox. Only half though, but I emphasize that side more) has taken care of me and my sister since we were born. I love her so much. Lately she's had some health problems, but it hasn't stopped her from loving me!


My Pau-pu

***This is my uncle(mom's brother) on the left and my mom as a little girl (on the right)! They were so cute! ***
I never met him, he passed away several years before I was born. But I know he's with me everyday, looking down from Heaven and I couldn't feel more blessed to have him walking next to me each day. I know one day (hopefully many, many, many, many years from now) I'll meet him and we'll talk about everything.

My two best friends, Raina and Matt

***Please ignore the fact that I look completely stupid in the bottom of this picture..***
I've known Raina forever. We grew up together. She's 100% Greek, so we went to Sunday School together. Our moms worked together when they were pregnant with us (and they knew each other from church and growing up around each other).
Matt and I met in 8th grade and we've just been friends ever since. We can't ever go to Eat 'N Park without causing a scene and cracking up at SOMETHING (for those of you that don't know what Eat 'N Park is.. it's pretty much a Pittsburgh staple. It's a restaurant and has some really good food. That's the local hangout, no matter what neighborhood you're from. You have an ENP). We have the stupidest inside jokes, but I love them so much because they make me laugh in my darkest times.


Last but certainly not least, my late cat Katie

I miss Katie so much. She was my best friend. She got me through everything and was always there for me. I love her so much and don't go a day without thinking about her. I know the decision I made at the end to put her to sleep was the right one, because she was suffering. I couldn't let her hurt anymore. In her final moments as they were injecting her, she looked at me with that look in her eyes that said "Thank you Kim. I love you."... and I'll never forget that as long as I live. And now I'm crying because I wrote all of that. I miss you Katie.



I'm thankful for many, many other things, but after that last one, I'm kind of emotionally tapped out for now.

What are you thankful for? Leave a comment! :)

2 comments:

  1. Great tribute to everything you are thankful for.
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I figure it's the least I can do for them :)

    ReplyDelete

Unicorns and narwhals will dance over a rainbow of sunshine and candy kisses if you leave me a comment. :)