us

11.15.2010

101 in 1001 update!

Since I haven't written about my 101 in 1001 goals lately, I've decided to update them and let you know what my progress is!


Travel - #1 Go to Europe

As you may know, if you read my blog semi-frequently, I'm traveling to Switzerland, Germany and France in May! It's through my University (RMU) and I'll be taking a class called International Marketing where we'll study topics and see how their applied in those countries. I'm very excited.

The "trouble completing" notation is because I need money to go. The trip will cost around $2,500. I think I may seriously start saving my money. I'm going to limit my spending to only food and gas, because honestly that's all I need to buy. I have plenty of clothes. Although buying fabrics to make clothes and others might push my budget. I'll just have to manage better.

***If you're interested in donating even a little bit
(I'll take like $5 [I would say a $1, but by the time postage.. but you can still give me $1 towards it!] or anything!)
I'd appreciate it! E-mail me for more information!! kimberrleighlynn@hotmail.com***



Service - #12 Help put a stop to animal cruelty

I just signed up to donate $25 a month to the ASPCA. It will be charged to my credit card, since that's where I know I'll have $25 a month to give. I'm going to at least pay that much each month towards my card so everything balances out. I couldn't handle watching the commercials and not doing anything about it, knowing full well that I spend $25 a month ridiculously when it should be going to the animals. I still cry when I see the commercials, but I know that I'm helping animals by giving them money for shelter and food and love that they didn't have.

Now I need to stop writing about this, because I'm in our student center and I'm beginning to cry.



Service - #1 Donate more clothes to the homeless/less fortunate

Recently my school had a collection for new or gently worn jeans to donate to the needy (not sure where it went, but I know the organization collecting for them and I know they would send them to a good place). I donated 9 pairs of jeans that were too small for my fat ass. I felt good about it. They were nice, expensive jeans too.




Random/Fun - #5 Buy outfits from Goodwill and redesign/resew them into new clothes

I'm going to start going there to get my clothes that I redo/create. Since it's a cheaper alternative to buying lots of fabrics, and plus the structure would still be there.



Health - #13 Take my multivitamin every morning

I was taking a multivitamin, but I stopped last week when I got my teeth removed because it was too big to swallow. Now that I'm 98% better, I'm going to start again.



Health - #1 Lose 40 pounds and #5 Go to the gym 3 times a week

Obviously, since I'm such a tub of lard.. I haven't been going to the gym (alright, I'm not really a fat ass[my ass is actually small compared to other girls my age/body structure] or a tub of lard. My BMI tells me I'm overweight - 26.6 - but I don't feel overweight.) I have some pudge around my stomach (who doesn't??) and my chesticles are pretty big, compared to others. But first of all, I'm Greek. Greek women are larger and more plump. And I'm totally okay with that. Since I don't have black/dark brown hair (yes, I fake it) naturally, having my body in its current state makes me feel Greek. My friends don't mind and I'm not unhealthy (ie- not sick, have diseases or disorders).
I think I might need a gym buddy to force me to go with them. I really wish I could go to the MMA classes, but my class schedule conflicts.




Sorry this was long, but since I haven't updated in a while this took care of it!

4 comments:

  1. you should put your Paypal info up and you may get some anonymous gifts! Or create one, they are free!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to join WWF (world wildlife federation) to help out, b/c I love them and am a panda bear lover and I get a gift for joining. It's $50 a year...after my vacation I will join!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the problem is that sometimes they find out that a PayPal is for personal gain, like mine. not for a good like someone's cancer treatments. and I don't wanna get sued.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would donate but Im but a poor college student. Sorry. Good luck with other donations though.

    ReplyDelete

Unicorns and narwhals will dance over a rainbow of sunshine and candy kisses if you leave me a comment. :)