This is actually perfect, because I was going to talk about another goal I have for myself that I think I'm going to add to my 101 in 1001 list (which I need to start working on those goals.. hmm).

I'm Greek Orthodox. I have been since I was born. I love being Greek. I don't think I'd want to convert to another religion when I get married or chose to be another ethnicity (Italian, Jewish.. etc). I hope I can find a Greek Orthodox man to marry, but if not I want to try to convince my future husband to be baptized Greek. If he doesn't, I won't force him. But it would be nice.
With that being said, I'm pretty religious. Okay, just kidding. I'm not a bible pusher, and I don't read scripture everyday. HOWEVER, I do pray every morning and night.. and throughout the day as I need it. I wear my cross everyday (see below).

From left to right: Cross, Guardian Angel, Evil Eye pendant
Please excuse my cleveage, and slight chest acne. Ignore as well the crappy image quality.
I'm going to try to read a passage each day until the Bible is complete. I feel that I should start in the Old Testament in Genesis, because otherwise I'll probably get lost as to what I just read and what I need to read next. I'm also going to start going to Church because my good girl friend, Raina (twitter - @ray_na_kay) teaches Sunday School for the Preschool kids and she asked me to be her assistant.
I'd really like to become more religious. Praying has helped me through some of the roughest times I've ever had.
My views on politics?
Conservative.
Part of my family if Greek Orthodox. My one cousin is actually a Greek Orthodox priest in McKees Rocks, never been there though. I have been to tons of masses with my grandma when I was younger. I loved that church for some reason. Although I didn't like how communion was given.
ReplyDeleteYou couldn't take off the necklace for the pic? You have to put a giant pic of your cleavage on your blog? lmao
First of all Derek, it's not that bad. Second of all, I was in the rotunda. People would have seriously stared at me if I tried to take a picture of just my necklace. It was less suspicious if I was just sitting there, and people didn't see my screen.
ReplyDeleteSecond of all, that's pretty cool. I use to hate our services when I was little because they were so long, but now I don't mind at all.