I live in an apartment complex with older people. The apartment was previously a professor's in laws. They don't really give us problems and we don't give them problems.
The laundry room in the building requires us to "sign up" for a time slot to do laundry in. Once a week. Okay, listen. I'm a college student. I'm not an old person who just sits in my room and watches BBC all day. I go out, do things.. get dirty quite frequently. Therefore, I tend to need to do my laundry twice a week. So I usually do it when there's no one in there or whenever I can.
Today, the woman that lives next to us was signed up. I went down to check if she was actually doing her laundry and she only was using one washer. She had no other laundry down there pending to go in so I assumed she was almost done or only using one washer. I put my things in and left.
Jump to now and I go down to put my washed clothes in the dryer and put another load in the washer. I was going quickly in case she would come down and see me. But she did. So she came into the laundry room and said hi, asked me how I was doing. I said "I'm good, just had some clothes that the cat got sick on and I need to wash them."(Total lie, but if I said 'Oh I'm just doing my usual laundry' she probably would have flipped) She went "Oh. Well you know you can sign up for a time right here" and pointed to the wall where the sheet is. Yes bitch, I know how to do this. I've lived here for 4 months now... I Then responded with "Oh I know, I have a time but my roommate and I switch on and off with it."
Then a few more seconds goes by and she opens the one dryer door and goes "Oh. Is this your things?" OF COURSE IT IS YOU DUMB SENIOR CITIZEN! I respond with "Yes." She then goes "Oh. Well I wanted to use both washers because this is my time that I signed up for."
SERIOUSLY. I UNDERSTAND IT'S "YOUR TIME". I'M NOT GOING TO LET MY CLOTHES SIT AND BE DAMP WHILE YOU DRY YOUR ONE LOAD THAT YOU'RE SEPARATING INTO TWO LOADS JUST TO BE A BITCH.
So I load the rest of my dirty ones in the washer and start them and start the ones in the dryer and leave.
Oh yeah, and she has this ridiculous effing dog that barks all the time and her bedroom is right behind mine, so I can hear him constantly. She takes him everywhere. She took him down to the damn laundry room with her!!! I know you're old and lonely lady... but come on!! She BLARES her TV at night too and it's so hard to fall asleep.
That's really it. I just wanted to complain.
I guess from now on I'll just go right down at 1pm and stand there all annoyed and be obnoxious and say "UM, IT'S 1PM. THIS IS MY TIME SLOT. YOU NEED TO SIGN UP FOR THIS TIME, BUT OH WAIT - I ALREADY DID. GET YOUR CRAP OUT."
haha love your blog! thanks for the follow..new follower here :) great stories! and ugh politics are ridiculous people love to fight! (im a republican too...a rare one in the state of MA!)
ReplyDeletelooking forward to more! xoxo