I purchased a sewing machine today. This one.

Courtesy of Walmart.com
It's nothing professional. I know how to sew well, but I'm not at the level to being making things for people or make money from them. Hopefully soon I can open my ownEtsy shop.
My roommate Tabitha and I made tie blankets tonight. Mine didn't turn out as well as hers, because I should have made my cuts smaller and shorter. But now I know for next time. It still turned out pretty good though. Ignore the terrible picture quality, it's from my flash-less Blackberry.

It's suppose to be in a square shape. Fail.
Does anyone have any sewing/crafting advice for me? I'd like to try new projects so I can blog about them!
how do you like the sewing machine??
ReplyDeletei've seen that one and was curious about it!
Octagon blanket!
ReplyDeleteI've always thought about getting a sewing machine and then learning to use it. :) haha
ReplyDeleteMelissa - I love it! Well, I actually haven't started using it yet. So I guess I can't say that yet. But it's pretty simple, nothing confusing on it so it's great to start with. I turned it on to make sure the needle worked and it did, so I'm hoping it's good. It came with accessories which is always a plus, as well as a Singer plastic (durable plastic, not walmart plastic) cover for the machine.
ReplyDeleteI think for Christmas I'll ask for a carry box for it. I'll try making some things and let you know how it goes!