us

11.07.2010

i never meant you any harm.

Yesterday was a semi crappy day. I was mean and sick and upset. I took it out on my family. I know I shouldn't do that, but I think everyone does those things and can't help it.


***I swear, I must have an alarm set on everyone's phones or something that goes off at 10PM exactly that says that they need to comment on everything I have online (Facebook, Twitter..). It's really annoying. I know most of my "friends" are college students, but seriously, get an effing life and go to bed at a normal hour - or don't comment on my stuff. I don't care about what you think about stuff I posted yesterday or at all really. Leave me alone at times when you SHOULD be sleeping****



As I type this, I'm watching the end of Under the Tuscan Sun. I have to say, it has to be one of my most favorite movies of all time. It's such a good story of starting over and believing in yourself. I know everyone must say this, but I wish more than anything that I could just pack up and move to Italy Greece and buy a home. I'd love to be able to take a course in ancient architecture. I'm sure RMU has one, but I don't have any open electives left to take. I think I have one, but it has to go towards a business course, so it's not open.


Other news - I've been getting better! My mouth feels less like someone punched it and more like a semi-swollen hole (ha. ha. that's what she said!). Where my baby tooth was feels so awkward and weird because when I did have open holes like this from baby teeth that fell out as normal, a normal tooth would be poking it's way up behind it. Alas, there is not. So it literally is just a hole in my gum.


I've been looking at Christmas presents for family and friends and I keep getting distracted at things that I want! I know that may seem greedy, but I'm not asking for these things from my friends/family, but they just catch my eye. Of course, like I always do, I'm going to overbuy for friends/family because I care about giving to them after they've given me so much.



Oh! I just almost forgot. I meant to do a 30 truths post in this, well.. post! So here it goes..
Day 17 → A book you’ve read that changed your views on something.
I haven't read too many books that could do this, but one I could put in this category is It's Kind of a Funny Story. I haven't seen the film yet, and from the trailer it looks good... but not anything like what the book actually is about. The book is very dark and ominous - it discusses teen suicide/depression, drugs, drinking.. etc. Through the main character I learned how quickly things in a teen's life can go that bad path.. and how quickly(or not so quickly) they can be picked back up again by a few little things.
All in all, I give it an A+ -> it's a must read! :)

4 comments:

  1. hahah i feel ya when it comes to seeing gifts you want while looking! but it's okay..since we're being nice buying christmas gifts, it's okay to reward ourselves! lol thats how I look at it!

    hope things get better with facebook/twitter...i know whatcha mean..DRAMA..i thought drama was supposed to end in college but it didnt! grrr!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly! I'm buying everyone really nice stuff, so looking at a few things for me won't hurt.. right? :)

    And the whole facebook/twitter stuff.. it's just so darn annoying! It's like I'm actually popular or something. I don't know how celebrities deal with it (with emails, texts, calls, facebook and twitter themselves!)! How do they set notifications for those sites on their phones to only go off for their friends!? Hmm.. maybe I'll have to investigate that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh, I haven't even thought about Christmas presents at all yet.. Ugh.. Wish I could make things for people instead of just going out and buying them all lame gifts...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to make presents too, but you still have to buy the items to make them. Unless it's only twigs and glue, which is free/really cheap.

    Plus, all the gifts I get people the really need. I don't fall for the holiday gift set things.

    ReplyDelete

Unicorns and narwhals will dance over a rainbow of sunshine and candy kisses if you leave me a comment. :)