us

10.17.2010

remember when you use to be a rascal? 101 in 1001 update

So, I haven't really been doing well with my goals. Any of them actually. Here's an update on where I'm at with each of the in progress ones.
101 in 1001 update

Me, 13. Write more. Obviously, if you actually read my blog, you'll notice I've been doubling up on my 30 days of truths because I never update them that day. I'm terrible, I know. But this past week has been crazy. This week should be more calm, although I have a midterm and final (for an 8 week course) to take.. but that's all I really have this week.

Academics, 1. Get into graduate school. At my college (Robert Morris University, my department (School of Communications and Information Systems) has a program called the Integrated Program. Students can chose any program to go into, granted they have the correct prerequisites for said program, and complete graduate course work concurrently with their undergraduate course work and continue on for a 5th year of graduate work and at the end of that 5th year graduate with both their Bachelors and Masters degrees. They have a program that is the same as my major (Competitive Intelligence Systems). I applied to that program roughly 3 weeks ago, so I'm still waiting back to hear word on my status.

Academics, 2. Get a 4.0 GPA, at least one semester. In my 8 week class, I have an A so far. I'm trying so very hard to get that in all my classes. So far, Management is probably an A-, Marketing is terrible because we've only had one test and I got a D on it. I was so upset by that. But now I know how her tests are and I'm going to kick ass on the next ones. Quantitative Analysis hasn't really had any grades yet. We've taken in class quizzes, which I do decent on, and homework and email assignments, which I've also done pretty well on. My Networking+ class I'm struggling in. I had a B for the first few weeks, but the last assignment I got back I got a D on (20 out of 30, which isn't that bad, but when you figure it out it is). I think I got that because I left some answers blank. Woops. So right now I have a C going into the midterm, which is tomorrow at 5:30. I've been really trying to cram as much as I can. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Relationships, 12. Never let a day go by where I don't think about everyone I love. I've been spending more time with my family than I really have before. But in doing this, I'm spending less time with my sorority sisters. I know they'll always be there, but for some reason it bothers me that I can't find equal balance of time for both. Everyone means so much to me, and I wanna be able to let them know that.

Money, 1. Save $5,000 just for the sake of saving. This isn't going to well. I have a shopping/spending problem. I've really tried to stop, but it's hard. I have to pay my bills first and then start saving money. It doesn't help that I get paid only once a month and I have to budget that money over 4 weeks.

Money, 7. Pay off credit card. I had my card paid off a few weeks ago, but stupid me charged stuff on it. Now it has a balance on it again and I have to pay it off/down in the next few weeks.


Health, 1 & 5. Lose 40 pounds, Go to the gym 3 times a week. This is really hard. I tried getting to the gym 3 times a week last week, and only did it once. I need to get more dedicated. I also need to eat normal, healthy food. I have to start working out at home(apartment) when I have extra time, instead of eating. We'll try this week.

Health, 4. Drink water more. I've been drinking water any chance I get. So I think this goal is pretty attainable, but it's an ongoing one.

Health, 6. Go to the dentist regularly In two weeks, I'm getting my wisdom teeth removed, as well as a baby tooth I still have. So this counts towards this goal.

Random, 12. Take as many pictures as possible. I'm doing pretty bad at this one. I always forget my camera and my Blackberry doesn't have flash, so taking pictures with it is pretty difficult. I think I'm going to not leave my apartment without my camera from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unicorns and narwhals will dance over a rainbow of sunshine and candy kisses if you leave me a comment. :)