us

10.20.2010

consider the sea

Here's another update on my 101 in 1001 list.


Academic/Career
6. Network with really important people in my field. DONE
This past Thursday, I was able to attend the PA Governor's Conference for Women right here in Pittsburgh. I volunteered and was able to enjoy the conference when I was done with my duties. I was able to attend a session called mentor match and was matched up with a woman from Bayer who is the head of the Business IT strategies. I was able to talk with her for a while and got some really good insight into the field I possibly want to go into.

7. Get elected into an executive position in one of my clubs. DONE
I was elected as Secretary of the Student Information Technology Advisory Council (SITAC) Monday afternoon.


Money
8. Limit spending/shopping trips.
I've been doing pretty well with this. If I have to go out to buy something, I'll make a list and not deviate from that list if at all possible. Any shopping for clothes, technology, etc I try to do it online so therefore I buy only what I want because shipping costs are ridiculous.

Health
3. Eat more fruits and vegetables.
I bought a bag of baby carrots yesterday! I love baby carrots (and regular carrots). I want to buy more fruits and veggies, but I never have time to eat them all myself. But I'm getting a start with my carrots!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unicorns and narwhals will dance over a rainbow of sunshine and candy kisses if you leave me a comment. :)