Ah, the end of September. This month has gone by SUPER fast. Seriously, I can't believe October is tomorrow. I think I'm going to do a monthly wrap up of things I'm currently loving at the end of each month. All these things are helping me get through this crappy time right now.
Reading...
Reading...
I ordered this book after I saw Carly (The College Prepster) recommend it and it's come at the most needed time. I've always lived by "Everything Happens for A Reason", and this book goes beyond that. I'm about halfway through (it's a very short read) and I already love it. Seriously, if you're going through a transition/rough patch/just want to get a little bit more happy about life, this is a must read.
Playing...
After logging 148 hours (that's 18 days at 8 hours a day) with Animal Crossing New Leaf, I figured it was time to switch it up and go on to another amazing game. Growing up I never really got into Zelda games - I was more enthralled in the Mario universe on my Game Boy(s). But obviously being a nerd, I know the entire lore of the Zelda universe and Hyrule and the Triforce... all of that. So naturally OoT was one of the games I had to get when I bought my 3DS a few months ago. I also got Mario Kart, which is equally as addicting.
I won't lie to you all though, I've had to use walkthroughs to get through some parts. Don't stone me!! I told you I never played these games as a kid!
Listening to....
"2am., too sad to sleep
When what you want's not what you need
And when these walls don't feel like home
Remember that you're not alone..."
Man, this song. This band. Aside from the fact that one of my favorite vloggers, Charles Trippy, is the bassist in We The Kings, they're one of my top bands right now. And this song is on repeat & what is helping me get through this crappy time I'm in. They have an IndieGoGo campaign up currently to help fund their 4th studio album, which they're doing without a record label (hence the crowdsource funding). They're above their goal but that doesn't mean you still can't help! The more money they get, the bigger a tour they can go on, the better the album can get, etc.
Drinking...
Chai tea. //
I love that it's hot tea season, finally. Yesterday it was rainy and cold (like 70 degrees, which is cold for here. Perfect weather for me) and I spent the entire day lounging around my apartment in my Steelers jersey (boys... why are you letting me down!?!?) and leggings. Yes, as much as I hate it, I wore leggings as pants yesterday. I've been having a rough couple of days, okay!? Geesh.
Loving...
Foxes //
Okay, I have to admit. What does the fox say is really addicting. You can't tell me you haven't a) seen the video and b) started singing "Jacha-chacha-chacha-chow!". I think the rest of the internet is addicted too, because I see so many fox things around. Foxes are the new owls.
\\ What are you up to right now? //










No comments:
Post a Comment
Unicorns and narwhals will dance over a rainbow of sunshine and candy kisses if you leave me a comment. :)