us

9.27.2013

change it up.

It's crazy how just a small change can impact your entire day. I know people say that all the time, but it really is true.

Sadly, my one and only really close friend here in town just moved today to Dallas to start her new job (within our company). I'm bummed she left, she was really the only person here I could rely on for things like watching my cats while I was away. But I'm happy that she's moving on to do something she wants to do.

In her last will and testament at the office (not a real thing), she left me her window seat in our group of cubes. Holy cow, does having sunshine make an insane difference on your outlook! I spent most of the morning moving things two cubes down to my new desk and getting things set up. I love my new desk. I took an extra monitor from an coworker's desk who left the company and now I just feel so much more productive.

Sorry it's so dark, but you get my set up!


I also went and got a pair of readers (cheap reading glasses) from Target yesterday and I feel like more of an adult now. Think about it - most "adults" you know have more than one set of glasses. And I got this adorable eye glass case too, which will hopefully motivate me into reading the stack of books I have waiting for me. This weekend looks like a good fall weekend to get that started.



I got my rental car yesterday. I'm driving a Fiat 500. A Fiat folks. I never thought I'd see the day. But it isn't a terrible car. Yes, it's small. But it's quick and the steering is good. It'll do for another week (hopefully less!) until I get my baby back. I miss you Zoey (yes, my car is the same name as my one kitty. To be fair, I had my car before Zoe, and Zoe was named by the woman who had her before me).


Anything change for you this week? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unicorns and narwhals will dance over a rainbow of sunshine and candy kisses if you leave me a comment. :)