If you missed it, I posted some pictures from my little weekend in Dallas yesterday! Head over there and check them out! :)
I love road trips. I love going places I've never been, getting out at rest stops and just exploring. I love packing my bag with goodies and blaring music as loud as I can to keep me (and the other people in the car) awake. Memphis is in the perfect spot for road trips - Little Rock is ~3 hours away, Dallas ~6.5 hours, Nashville is ~3 hours, Knoxville is ~6 and Gulf Shores, Alabama is ~7 hours. I count anything over an 8 hour drive a legitimate vacation, so Gulf Shores just makes it. :)
Every week I take a mini road trip when I drive out to Jonesboro, Arkansas. An hour and a half isn't all that long, but when you're driving by yourself it can get a little daunting. To help myself stay awake and focused, I have a few little things I like to do/have.
{1} Podcasts - Am I the only one who loves Podcasts? My two favorites are Jillian Michaels and Lifehacker. I like that they're more entertaining than Talk Radio and I usually learn something while I'm listening. Free education, woo!
{2} Snacks - Mixed nuts or trail mix are perfect for keeping hunger at bay and are super healthy too. But there are times when Peach Rings and Sour Patch Watermelon are all you crave. Why not, it's a mini vacation. Splurge a bit!
{3} Drinks - I usually stick to water, but with Fall here I'll splurge on my way home with a #PSL. Fun fact: I hate coffee. Love the smell, hate the taste. A #PSL is the only coffee drink I can handle, and actually love.
{4} Entertainment - Obviously this is for passengers, not drivers! The hours melt away when you have a fun handheld game to play (like Animal Crossing on the 3DS) or a big glossy magazine to read. Or Game of Thrones, which will take you hours to read!
Of course you should have other essentials like an emergency kit, extra maps (yes, they still print them on paper), your GPS and spare change (for unexpected tolls). If you're going on a long trip, make sure the driver is well rested or can drive while you nap, until you can switch off!
What are some of your road trip essentials? Anything I'm missing?
Anywhere you think I should go visit soon!? :)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Unicorns and narwhals will dance over a rainbow of sunshine and candy kisses if you leave me a comment. :)