This past weekend I went on a road trip to Dallas. My only actual friend (that I go to dinner/lunch & hang out with) got approved to transfer there as soon as possible, so we went to go find her an apartment. She didn't end up getting one yet, but it still was really good to go see the city because none of us have ever been there. Aside from the dry heat, I think it's a pretty cool place!
I'm really bummed she's leaving, because now I have no close friends in town. Guess I gotta start going out to more random events and hoping I make some friends! But now, I give you a dump of a bunch of pictures from our weekend.
After ~4.5+ hours of driving, we finally made it to Texarkana! Which is the city right on the border of Arkansas and Texas. The town is literally split down the middle between the two states.
We decided to go to the DMA after a morning filled with apartment hunting. This is one of the exhibits, and as a slight history nerd I was in love with it. I'm slightly obsessed with the 50's and 60's.
It covered JFK's last days and the art (since this is an art museum) in his hotel suite. It was really really cool. (Sorry for the blurry-ness!)
In the newspaper on the right, there's a little blurb at the bottom that said something like "Crime really doesn't pay anymore because more people are carrying credit cards!" Oh if they only knew then what they know now...
Goosebumps.
I tried to get a semi decent shot of the city as we left, but this was all I could get. When we got in it was night, so the city all lit up was pretty but not good for pictures. Ah well, I'll always have the memories, right?
Did you do anything fun and exciting this weekend?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Unicorns and narwhals will dance over a rainbow of sunshine and candy kisses if you leave me a comment. :)