us

10.16.2013

weekend events + foxes!

This weekend ended up being a good one, but a fairly busy one.

Saturday afternoon I picked up my friend (who was in town from Dallas) and some mutual friends and we headed downtown to Tamp & Tap. If you've never been and are from Memphis, y u no go? But seriously. I wish I lived closer because they make the absolute best Chai Tea Latte you'll ever have. Not kidding. I also got the french toast because it was their brunch menu, although I was really craving the Packard (grilled cheese... mmm).




Saturday night I ended up heading down to Midtown with a new friend (yay!) for some coffee and live music at Java Cabana, which is this really cute little "hole in the wall" kind of place you'd totally drive by if you didn't know it was there. Because I needed to quench my grilled cheese craving, I got one of those and their house Pumpkin Spice Latte. Fun fact (which I'm sure I've mentioned before), I hate coffee. Except PSLs. It's weird, I know. Don't think about it too much.

Sunday I didn't end up teaching Sunday School, which was fine by me because I'm pretty sure those kids would have looked at me like O_o the whole time. After I got home from church I ended up spending the entire afternoon finishing Dark Currents. It's kind of a meh book for me. It's genre is Fantasy/Romance, although there was like 2 paragraphs of "romance" in the entire book. I wouldn't really recommend it.



My sister sent me a care package box since I've been having a rough time lately (as you're reading this, hopefully I'm picking up my car finally!). And it was 98% fox items. Yep, just like I said before... foxes are the new owls. And I'm totally okay with it. They're just such cute dogcat creatures. A-freaking-dorable.



I'm curious - what's your favorite coffee shop where you live & what's your favorite drink there?
Also, are you into the whole fox scene? :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Unicorns and narwhals will dance over a rainbow of sunshine and candy kisses if you leave me a comment. :)