Okay, I bet 98% of you are looking at that title like "HUH??" I was thoroughly confused when I saw Anna Akana post about it today. But then I looked it up and realized I NEED to be doing this.
NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month, which takes place in November of each year. I may have mentioned it before, but one of my goals is to write and publish a novel. I'm no where close to that yet. I've never studied writing or literature outside of AP classes in high school and a few classes in college, but English was definitely one of my best subjects. Even though you may not be able to tell through my blog, I can write really well. I was even able to BS my way through on my SATs for a near close to writing score. #humblebrag.
But actually writing a novel and writing academic essays are two TOTALLY different things, with the novel being insurmountably harder. But I'm going to challenge myself. The goal for NaNoWriMo is to have a novel that is 50,000 words (the minimum for an actual novel) or more. That averages out to about 1600 words a day. * So far this post up until that point was only 201 words. This is gonna be really really hard.
I have until November 1st to really hone in on my characters/character development, plot line, scenery, transitions, etc. I have a few little things written across various notebooks, but now it's time to dig them out and combine them all together. I'm taking off Friday and Monday from work this week, so aside from copious amounts of video games I'm going to start focusing on my novel.
If you have an idea for a novel, go here to sign up and go here to be my writing buddy after you sign up!
Every Tuesday in November I'll be sharing a little excerpt from my writing to share with you guys. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Unicorns and narwhals will dance over a rainbow of sunshine and candy kisses if you leave me a comment. :)