us

10.04.2013

that day I met Nev Schulman.

Yes, you read that correctly. I met Nev Schulman. If you have no idea who he is, you either have A) been living in a cave for the past 3 years and/or B) have no access to cable television.

Nev Schulman is the host of the insanely popular show Catfish on MTV. This show profiles (usually) young people and their pursuit, with Nev's help, to find out if the person they've been talking to online is really that same person - spoiler alert, they rarely ever are. Nev's TV show was preceded by the documentary Catfish, where he was the subject of the film through his own catfish. Watch the trailer for the show below if you need to learn more.


As many of you know, I'm a massive technology nerd. My Master's degree is in Information Security and Assurance. This month is Cyber Security Awareness month and all this week my company has had events informing the employees about security at our company and how they can stay safe at home.

Yesterday morning, I eargerly signed up for the session to hear Nev speak. It was amazing. Not only is he a really great public speaker, but he's insanely funny and sweet. Just an overall nice guy. He took time to talk to people afterwards about their catfish stories and took pictures. So of course, I got a picture! He also complimented me on my big, chunky bracelet so obviously he has good fashion sense.



I'd get into more as to why I really like him and respect what he does, but if you've ever watched the show you know why and I bet you can see why, as a nerd, I admire him. Just a really cool and awesome day. After all the crappy things that have been happening, there are small nuggets of happiness that cheer me up so much.


What was one of your favorite "celebrity" encounters?
Also, you can totally be jealous. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Unicorns and narwhals will dance over a rainbow of sunshine and candy kisses if you leave me a comment. :)