us

10.19.2013

Super Easy Slow Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken!

I think by far the hardest part about living by yourself is cooking. Seriously. I'm never motivated to cook a nice, healthy meal because there's always an insane amount of portions left. I know, eat it for leftovers or just divide the recipe. Well, I usually hate eating left overs and I don't do math. Like really, I don't.

I've found recipes on AllRecipes before, but after scouring Pinterest earlier today I found an AMAZING Lemon Garlic Chicken recipe. Bonus points is you only "cook" it for like 5 minutes - the rest of the time it goes in the slow cooker, which makes it fall apart when you take it out & eat it. YUM. I think I'm going to be frequenting AllRecipes more often, because they do the serving size adjustments for you, which is awesome because I'm lazy.






Slow Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken

1 tsp dried oregano 1/4 cup water*
1/2 tsp salt 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice*
1/4 tsp ground black pepper 2 cloves garlic, minced
2 pounds skinless, boneless
chicken breast halves
1 tbsp chicken bouilon granules
(I used chicken broth)
2 tbsp butter 1 tsp fresh parsley

Prep: 15 mins  |  Cook: 3 hrs 15 mins   |  Ready in: 3 hrs 30 mins


  1. In a bowl, mix the oregano, salt, and pepper. Rub the mixture into chicken. Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Brown chicken in butter for 3 to 5 minutes on each side. Place chicken in a slow cooker.
  2. In the same skillet, mix the water, lemon juice, garlic, and bouillon. Bring the mixture to boil. Pour over the chicken in the slow cooker.
  3. Cover, and cook on High for 3 hours, or Low for 6 hours. Add the parsley to the slow cooker 15 to 30 minutes before the end of the cook time.
Go here for to see the recipe on AllRecipies!


Like I commented, I don't have bouilon cubes so I just used chicken broth. Same concept. Also, I followed what the commenters said and added more water(1cup) and lemon juice (6tbsp) and I think it made it juicier. But play around and see what works for you!
And I took this picture after I ate one of the chickens, that's why it isn't "artsy". Oh well. :)

Any yummy recipes you love?
Let me know in the comments and I'll try them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unicorns and narwhals will dance over a rainbow of sunshine and candy kisses if you leave me a comment. :)