us

10.11.2013

Friday recap - vlogs, concerts and fall weather!

Ah Friday. How I love you so, now that I'm an "adult" and working in the real world. This weekend I'll be going to lunch with my friend that moved to Dallas (she's coming back to get more of her stuff from her parent's house) and working on a lesson plan for Sunday School this Sunday.
Yes, you read that correctly. I will be teaching Sunday School. I'm only substitute teaching, because I was basically guilt-tripped into it and because I have nothing better to do. It'll be a challenge, since I rarely went to Sunday School as a child and when I did, we just learned the 10 Commandments over and over again.

Anywho, here's just some of my favorite things from this past week!




\\ I made a vlog! 
No really, I did! And if you haven't seen it yet or just want to watch it again to see my beautiful smiling face, just click play above! :)





\\ The Lumineers concert
Tuesday night The Lumineers, Dr. Dog and Nathaniel Rateliff came to Memphis and it was such an amazing concert. I did in fact go by myself, since I'm basically friendless still, but it was actually not as terrible as I thought it would be. I didn't take out my phone once during The Lumineers performance, opting instead to just enjoy it in the moment. And that was worth it. They're such an amazing band, and all age groups were there - couple's in their 50's & 60's, middle school girls and everyone in between. Normally I'd get annoyed by that at a concert, but it didn't matter.
You do only get a gorgeous picture of the sunset and my ticket though, since I didn't take any pictures during the concert. But I think that'll do. :)




\\ Fall weather, flannel and boots.
At the risk of sounding cliche, can I just say again how much I love fall? Seriously. Tuesday at the concert it was down in the low 60's and it couldn't have been any more perfect. I wore my flannel shirt (as did most people there... hipsters..), my brown riding boots, jeans and my leather jacket. And I was just so comfortable - aside from the crappy bleacher seats that hurt my butt.



Any good plans for this weekend?
I hope it's a good one for you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unicorns and narwhals will dance over a rainbow of sunshine and candy kisses if you leave me a comment. :)