us

1.31.2013

commitment issues.

No, I'm not talking about my love life.
I'm talking about with my lovely blog here.
And my design aesthetic.


I've changed my blog background & theme probably 150+ times since I started two/three years ago.
I should have kept screen shots each time I changed it, so I could see the evolution.
Or so I could see my ADHD kicking in - it's just so hard for me to commit to one certain look!
But this design is here to stay... at least for a few months.





Now, I'm not saying this layout is perfect.
Because I know it's not.
However, I'm way too cheap to pay someone to do it for me.
I should just go into the web design business myself, but I don't have extra time.

I've lived on the Internet since probably 1997-98.
Everything I know about computers/Internet/web design is self taught.
...for the most part.

So if I can design a simple layout that suits my needs, I'll attempt to learn & create it myself.
Of course, taking some free items/source code from others doesn't hurt!
"If it's free, it's for me!"


What do you think of my new layout?
Do you make your own graphics/designs?



3 comments:

  1. Ha, I had the same issue until I finally gave up and let a "pro" do it. I can't even believe how much different my blog would look from year to year. I always like a simple look like you have now. But if you ever do decide to have a pro take a look, my friend Hannah (signedxoxohannah.com) does an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same problem with my old blog! I'm not very happy with the look I have right now, either, so I'm trying to find something that I like.
    Yours looks great though! Good job! I love the blue chevron background.
    xx - Amber
    Through College with Class.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I like it for now... until I see something better I can mimic! :)

      Delete

Unicorns and narwhals will dance over a rainbow of sunshine and candy kisses if you leave me a comment. :)