us

1.09.2013

{Review} Goody QuikStyle Paddle Brush - Voxbox 2012

{This post is one of many in my Influenster Holiday Voxbox Reviews!
Go here to see them all!}

I've been so excited to review this ever since I saw it in my Voxbox!
You've probably heard tons about this brush lately on the news.
I think it was even featured on the Today show recently!


via Goody




When I got this, I expected to run it through my hair and it be instantly dried.
Obviously, that's not how it works and I was just living in my own fantasy world.
BUT it does cut down on at least 5 minutes of blow drying time.




If you can't tell, those are tiny little microfiber towel bristles in there.
These bristles help pull the wetness out of your hair as you brush!

The great thing about the brush is that drying is accelerated when using it in conjunction with your hair dryer.
The not so great thing about the brush (which they couldn't modify based on the whole concept of the product), is when I use liquid product on my hair I have to use my regular brush to distribute it evenly throughout.
Otherwise, the microfiber bristles will absorb it all!




Also a downside for me is that I have to constantly clean it out.
My hair is thick, but also sheds lots.
Therefore the hair pulls down the bristles and they can't do their job!
The fact that it looks pretty dirty in the picture above is mostly because I dyed my hair a few weeks ago & I think it's the dye coming out.
I promise I wash my head.
The joys of box-dying your hair because you're too cheap for a salon.. I suppose.


Sorry about the crappy quality... you get the point.

Overall, this brush is awesome.
It is quite pricey though, at Target $11.29 & $12.99 at CVS.
I'd suggest investing in this if you're like me and always sleep in late.


Go here to read more about the Goody QuikStyle Paddle Brush!



*** I received this product for free to test and review.
I was not compensated for a positive or negative review. 
Opinions expressed are my own and do not reflect Influenster, Goody or my current employer.***


3 comments:

  1. Clearly I'm living in a hole because I've never heard of this- but now I want to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's my questions: 1. Wouldn't it get... moldy from the microfiber sucking up water and never being washed? 2. And if you use it on dry hair... does it make you hair static crazy? Because I can't find the answers and I want to buy it because it's weird looking. *American consumer right here*

    The best part is that I don't even blow dry my hair yet I want this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen a few reviews of this brush and really want to try it! My hair doesn't take *that* long to dry anymore because I let it air dry quite a bit, but I'm curious to know if it helps with smoothing at all! Thanks for stopping by, today!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete

Unicorns and narwhals will dance over a rainbow of sunshine and candy kisses if you leave me a comment. :)