This post is probably gonna be all over the place, so hang in there.
I've had 18 gajillion things running through my mind over the past few days
& blogging is gonna be the only way to get it all out.
- I knew being an adult meant money stress.
And I've had stress before;
you try getting a Bachelors and Masters in 4.5 years
& tell me you don't get stress.... that's what I thought.
But holy crap on a cracker:
Monday evening after a long day at work and a chiropractor visit (more later in this post..),
I passed out on my bed, in full work clothes, at 8pm.
I woke up at 6am.
Obviously my body was telling me to chill the freak out and rest.
Which I did, and it felt amazing.
I was able to sit during my lunch and think through my finances with a clear head.
- Health insurance blows. Like for real.
At my college, they had a course on benefits I think.
But only the HR students and Finance majors (maybe?) took it.
So when it came time for me to pick my insurance, I just kind of picked based on what looked good.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not dumb. I read through everything.
But I don't think I actually realized how my insurance worked until Monday morning.
I have to pay $1000 before it even works. (AKA a deductible)
So essentially, I'm without insurance until I pay $1000 in medical bills.
Thank goodness I'm healthy (knock-on-wood).
- Speaking of health... chiropractors are full of sh*t.
Like really. Now I know why my Mom never let me go to one.
To save you trouble, I'll just tell you that I know my back isn't as messed up as they say it is.
And that 98% of my back problems will be gone if I just lose weight.
Therefore, paying $115 to talk to a physical therapist for 4 minutes was unnecessary.
Taking 6 x-rays of my back (for $I-Don't-Even-Want-To-Know-Yet) was unnecessary.
Sticking electrode pad things on my back for 10 minutes for $120 was unnecessary.
And I'm never going back.
- Weight loss blows, dudes and dudettes.
And I'm pretty sure I'm not losing any fat.
Because I'm gaining muscle first.
Which screws with my psyche.
That's all you'll get on that one.
- I cannot put outfits together to save my life.
Every fashion blogger could wear the outfits I try & assemble and look good.
I put something together and it looks like I got dressed in the dark.
Help: send me links to affordable (under $50, ideally under $30) work appropriate skirts (that aren't pencil skirts).
I think that's it for now... God bless you if you read that all.
Tonight I have a super yummy recipe planned for the {ISK Series}!
A couple things:
ReplyDelete1- I got a bachelor's and then a master's and let's just say I'll be in debt for student loans until I'm at least 60.
2- I've worked in health insurance for the past 5 years and STILL don't understand it.
3- I like your work appropriate skirts question. if you don't mind, I'll probably use it for one of my upcoming newspaper posts.
Kim ~
ReplyDeleteas for chiropractors being full of it, it really depends on the practice / practitioner. the one I went to last year (maybe 2 yrs ago?) -- took history, did manipulations, turned me over to a muscle/massage therapist and got rid of my carpal tunnel symptoms. they have also recently gotten rid of the sciatic nerve pains I'd been having down my left leg. no x-rays / no electrode things.... there are good ones, then there are ones that think they are good, but will end up ripping you off. ask around. don't give up on them entirely from one bad experience. and hang in there. love ya!
I am working on my Masters now. You know what? It's not worth it.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88