No folks, that's not a sexual innuendo.
It's an easy way to eat healthy, at least once a week.
Not like eating meat is unhealthy, but sometimes it isn't the best.
And sometimes on Meatless Monday, you try to eat healthy.
But then load up on carbs instead and almost decide to not write this post OR workout because you're so tired.
For breakfast, I had the standard scrambled eggs.
But instead of two eggs, I made it 3 so I could get lots of protein in for the day (long day of conference calls..).
I also had some mini waffles + lite syrup, which probably aren't the healthiest but hey.
They're delicious.
For lunch, which I did not snap a picture of for fear my coworkers would judge the crap out of me:
Panera Bread Broccoli and Cheddar soup (about a cups worth)
Half of a French Baguette
Jello Gelatin Strawberry Snack cup
Mozzerella String Cheese stick
And Skittles for dessert (terrible, I know..)
Dinner is where everything went wrong.
I have red potatoes, just chillin on the counter for about a week.
And I've wanted to make something with them.
But haven't gotten around to it (isn't that how it always works?).
So I decided to make a baked potato.
Then I saw the box of pasta in my pantry.
And guess what.
It was delicious.
I'm sleepy.
Would you go meatless on Mondays?
What are some good meat-free recipes?
i have tried to cut down on meat as well. i started doing more fish... i never liked salmon but now that i found a good way to cook it, well its sooo good!
ReplyDeletealso you can always stick to a nice egg omalate for dinner, with spinish and onions, mushrooms, green and red peppers... its one of my new fav things to make! sooo good~!
I keep wanting to try meatless Mondays but haven't gotten it down completely. I do incorporate a meatless day during the week though.
ReplyDeleteOne of my favourite meatless recipes is very simple - angelhair or spaghetti, drizzled with extra virgin olive oil, herbs & spices, with a tad of cheese grated on top and a big salad made of spinach, rocket, and tomatoes. I try to make it a bigger portion of salad than pasta to minimize the carb overload a bit.
That totally made me laugh (the this is not a sexual innuendo part), haha :) Those mini waffles look ahhhhhmazing!
ReplyDelete