us

10.03.2012

The Pinterest Effect.

Sounds like it could be a documentary. Or a horror film. You chose.


Either way, you can't deny The Pinterest Effect is intense.
Chances are, if you're an active blogger/Internet user and are a female, you have a Pinterest account.
And you are addicted.

Please watch this video from College Humor and laugh your arse off. Because I did.


I don't really want to talk about the addiction side of Pinterest, but rather the effects of addiction and/or lust/love with it.
I'll be honest with you. I've fell victim to Pinterest.
I've been on it for probably at least a good solid year, maybe two years?

When I went to take this screen cap, I thought I had way more than 1900 pins!



The Pinterest Effect (n): a worldwide phenomenon in which users of the popular virtual pin-board style website, Pinterest, spend hours "repinning" crafts, fashions and wedding inspiration which they either cannot afford or cannot make.
ex) The Pinterest Effect has taken over her life! She took out a whole separate credit card just to buy things from Michael's and [insert favorite clothing store here]!


I'll admit it - I've spend money on craft projects I've seen on Pinterest only to have a crappy result.
Or I've repinned outfit ideas, went out and bought some pieces (for cheaper) and then instantly had buyers remorse because I can never pull off those looks in a million years.

One of my favorite websites is Pintester!
This girl is hilarious and takes on The Pinterest Effect head on.
Some of her projects turn out okay, but the ones that are terrible are hilarious!


via Pintester


Have you experienced the Pinterest effect? Do you know of a cure!?
Don't forget to go over and follow me on Pinterest!


3 comments:

  1. I can proudly say I have not been on Pinterest for TWO FULL WEEKS. And I don't feel like a failure. Especially considering I haven't done anything that I have pinned. None of it. Maybe I will someday, but not anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha seriously!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow I love the yogurt dot picture lol. I'm seriously afraid that my entire wedding is going to fall victim to the Pinterest effect!

    ReplyDelete

Unicorns and narwhals will dance over a rainbow of sunshine and candy kisses if you leave me a comment. :)