One of my goals when I moved to Memphis is to explore everything my new city has to offer. I'm finding that even though I may not have someone to explore with, that's no excuse to stay at home and be bored.
This past weekend I decided that it was time to go to the park. I've been wanting to check out Shelby Farms Park, and now I am in absolute love. This is a little snippet from their website.
"In the heart of Shelby County in Memphis, Tennessee lies 4,500 acres of green space and 6.5 miles of urban trail - a community treasure, unrivaled in size and potential anywhere else in the United States."
This park is gorgeous.
I'm pretty sure I only walked a total of one mile of the park/woods in the park, but what I saw so far was incredible. I plan on running there for the rest of the year, because I don't think I could ever get bored! And the fact that it's been in the upper 70's/lower 80's for the past few days doesn't hurt!
I'm pretty sure I only walked a total of one mile of the park/woods in the park, but what I saw so far was incredible. I plan on running there for the rest of the year, because I don't think I could ever get bored! And the fact that it's been in the upper 70's/lower 80's for the past few days doesn't hurt!
Enough of me blabbering on - here are some shots I got from my nature hike!
Beautiful, isn't it?
I'd love it if you took a second to like my page on Facebook! :)
Welcome to Memphis & Shelby Farms Park.
ReplyDeleteNext time stop by the visitor center for all kinds of information on the park and what's going on.
gorgeous photos!! Scenery is so beautiful
ReplyDeletexx
http://anoddgirl.blogspot.com.au