If you read my posts, you know I never really ask you to do something for me.
And I won't ask you today. Because I'm asking you to do something for yourself.
I don't normally post about my organizational affiliations here because I want to try and keep blogging & life sort of separate.
What I write in my posts is only a reflection on my views, beliefs and thoughts.
They have no reflection on my employer, family, friends or organizations I belong to.
What I write in my posts is only a reflection on my views, beliefs and thoughts.
They have no reflection on my employer, family, friends or organizations I belong to.
However, October is Breast Cancer Awareness month and my sorority, Zeta Tau Alpha Fraternity has sponsored this amazing new service.
(Yes, we're technically a fraternity. If you want to know why, email me!)
Take Charge, Think Pink® is a way for you, the tech savvy woman that you are, to manage your health better!
By simply entering your name, email and month for your annual reminder, you'll be sent a email.. well, reminding you to get your annual breast exam!
This is what you see when you sign up!
So many women out there complain about getting this done, and yet these same women know the importance of early detection!
I'm pretty sure all my fabulous readers out there know at least 1 person affected by Breast Cancer.
It could be you, a Mom, a friend's Mom, Grandmother, Aunt, Sister, Niece, friend... anyone.
Personally, my YiaYia (Grandmother) who passed away in May was a survivor of Breast Cancer (she passed from a heart condition).
And while I was still very young throughout her battle, I remember thinking how strong she was through it all.
When she was cancer free, she walked all 3.1 miles of the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure and crossed the finish line so happy and proud of herself.
I was proud of her. Our whole family was proud.
When she was cancer free, she walked all 3.1 miles of the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure and crossed the finish line so happy and proud of herself.
I was proud of her. Our whole family was proud.
I miss her everyday.
Having such a deep connection with this is one of the reasons I joined Zeta Tau Alpha.
Our national philanthropy is Breast Cancer Awareness and Education and we've distributed over 10 million Pink Ribbons at various events, including NFL games, Think Pink luncheons and college Pink Out sporting events!
We have passed out over 9.9 million self-exam shower cards (how to perform a self-exam in the shower) and various other informational items throughout the year!
This isn't a promotion for you (if you're in college) to join ZTA.
But I believe strongly in our philanthropy and hope you do too.
We get no money by you signing up for this service.
It's totally free.
Please take the extra 30 seconds and sign up.
I not only ask you because I think it's important, but because I'm sure your...
Mother, Father, Sister, Brother, Aunt, Uncle, Cousin, Niece, Nephew,
Grandparents, Husband, Boyfriend, Significant Other, Daughter, Son, even your pets
..ask you to take yourself as well. They need you healthy.
They need you Breast Cancer free.
This is the one and only email you should want to get every year!
If you'd like any more information on how to get involved with Breast Cancer Awareness & Education,
please don't hesitate to email me.
I'd love to help you get involved in your city, wherever that may be!
kimberrleigh[at]gmail(dot)com
Think Pink® is a registered trademark of Zeta Tau Alpha Fraternity, Inc.



I love to see what fellow young bloggers stand up for - this is a great tool. Your story about your grandma was so sweet too. Thanks for sharing something that is really important for all of us!
ReplyDelete-Chelsea
Oh my goodness, I love this! Your blog is great and I am now following!
ReplyDeletexx
http://myfavoritethingskellyann.blogspot.com/