For today's post, I'm linking up with Sarah @ Coming Unstitched for my I dream of...
1...visiting Greece!
As many of you probably know, I'm Greek (only 50%, but I was raised Greek). I've always had a dream of visiting Greece for weeks and one day owning a home on the island of Mykonos. With the debt crisis, I probably could now but I don't have spare funds to buy one! (I can't even buy a house here.. let's get real.)
I've been thinking about it for a while, but I think for my 25th birthday (in June) I want to go for a month. That gives me 2.5 years to save up money (really 1.5 years since I'd have to buy my tickets/reservations in advance) and I really think I can do it!

2... paying off my student loans!
When I was still in school, before I had started job hunting I had a 5 year plan. I would get a job in/around Pittsburgh, live at home for 5 years in order to pay off my student loans, completely.
If you've read my posts since early this year, you know that plan is out the window. I'm now living on my own in a new city, paying rent and other bills. Which isn't bad and I'm in a job I love.
So my revised plan is starting January 2013, I will give myself 10 years (January 2023) to pay every single one of my loans off. I'm secretly (or not so secret now) going to try and pay them off in 7 years, but I know things happen so I'll have a buffer of 3 years just in case.

via I love this comic!!
3... receiving the Honor Ring of my Fraternity (sorority).
I'll talk more on Thursday about my sorority (we're technically a Fraternity, if you're confused email me!), but in my organization there is one award/honor you want to strive for.
And that's the Honor Ring. There are specific criteria, but basically you have to have completed several years of dedicated service to our philanthropy, foundation and pursuing the goals of the organization.
One, this ring is gorgeous. Absolutely amazing. Two, I would be so incredibly proud of myself if I relieved this. This is the highest honor in our organization. Not only am I working towards that for myself, I really am working towards making our organization better. I want current and future sisters to see how amazing we are. Okay, enough mushy Greek Life stuff.

via Isn't it gorgeous!?
lo
4... falling in love.
This is pretty self explanatory.
I want to marry a man I can truly call my best friend. I want to find a man that respects me and believes in me.
I'm ready for a real, adult relationship.

5... becoming an Information Security expert.
I won't get too geeky into this, but I have a Master's degree in Information Security and Assurance. Therefore, I love learning about security. I love reading on attacks/hacks, cloud security, mobile crimes, social engineering.. everything.
It would be my dream to be a top InfoSec expert at a major company.
I'd love to be able to pass all the certification exams and have those licenses after my name, in addition to the M.Sc.
This is one goal I'm going to start preparing for and begin taking tests for in 2013. One semester off from learning (whether formally[college courses] or informally[learning on your own]) is enough time, right?
Call me crazy, but I love learning.

That's all I have for right now! I like to keep my goals/dreams/aspirations small but intense.
If you'd like to link up, go here to do so!
I loved reading this! I learned a lot about you. I hope that all of these things come true for you- though I bet it won't be hard to make it happen. Ps- I love learning too- geeks unite! :)
ReplyDeleteI came across your blog via my sister-in-law's (Sarah Stright on Coming Unstitched). While reading your dreams as soon as I saw #3 I gasped. I too am a very proud member of ZTA. I graduated from Stetson University (Beta Psi chapter). I wish you all the luck in making dream #3 come true!
ReplyDeleteZLAM,
Jennifer Stright
Oh my gosh yay! :) I graduated from Iota Alpha chapter! :D Thank you!! The district president down here has one and every time I see it I stare at it constantly!
DeleteGreece is at toward the top of my "Must-See Places" list. Hope we both make it there!
ReplyDeletexo,
Hannah
www.chillairandperfume.blogspot.com
If I was fluent in Greek, I'd probably move there! Heheh :)
Delete