us

9.14.2012

#ApartmentProblems

So I've been in my place for a month and a half (really!? Geesh, time legit flies...).
And I've noticed some things about living in an apartment/apartment complex.
This probably doesn't apply to people who rent out homes and unique apartment spaces, but I have a legitimate next door neighbor.


- Everyone I've met so far here have been very pleasant and nice and friendly.
Maybe I've just caught them on good days, but I do think southern manners apply here.

- BUT, my neighbor I share a wall with BLASTS rap music. 
Which, is fine. But it's not even the music... just the bass. 
If I can hear it through out side by side shared wall, I can't imagine what the couple that live below him can hear.
He hasn't played it all night every night, mostly weekends. (read: right now) 
But I really really hate it. It gives me anxiety and anger. *deep breaths* He can do what he wants.

-Living on the third floor blows serious chunks. 
I grew up in a ranch home. I had two steps. 
I mean, I walked stairs in school and such, but not every day.
My butt/thigh/calf muscles have to be toned by now...

- Also not having a designated parking space (like numbered) blows.
Since I've come home late the last few nights, I've had to park 2-3 buildings over. 
Real difficult, right? I know, I'm lazy.

- My 800sq ft (I'm blessed, I have so much space) apartment gets dirty in one night. 
Party because I'm lazy, partly because it's hard for me to catch up with cleaning it.
Especially when, like this week, I'm super busy and am home just to sleep, eat and shower. 
But I'm off tonight, so hardcore cleaning will happen. Good calorie burn, right?

- If you're Type A like me, you're never satisfied with how your place is decorated. 
Friends have wanted me to post pictures of my place but I don't feel like it's ready yet.
Even though it does look decent. 
My favorite inspiration websites are ApartmentTherapy, CasaSugar and HGTV.

First, isn't this man so yummy!? ;)
Second, I love the crap out of Corgis. I want 6 :)


I just realized this entire post is #FirstWorldProblems.
Sorry if you were offended by it! Hehe


Have you had similar issues with your apartment living (past or present)?
Let me know below!



3 comments:

  1. i went from living on floor #2 to #3... you would think i'd be used to it by now! and it blows when i have to do laundry... FIVE flights of stairs carrying full laundry baskets, and detergent!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just moved into a new place in July. It's been an adjustment, so I totally feel your pain!

    xo,
    Hannah
    www.chillairandperfume.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My very first apartment was a fucking dive. It absolutely should have been condemned. I need to do a post on it. But we had 3 flights of stairs to get to the door and then once in the door, another flight to the actual apartment. After the first grocery trip we realized that grocery shopping wasn't going to happen any more.

    ReplyDelete

Unicorns and narwhals will dance over a rainbow of sunshine and candy kisses if you leave me a comment. :)