us

11.01.2012

Thankful Thursdays

Happy November!
If you're a Christmas psycho like me (you probably aren't), you've already purchased/brought out your Christmas decorations.
I'll admit... as I was cleaning last night I was listening to Christmas Pandora.

So I think it's the right time to stop and realize that Thanksgiving (or all of November) comes first.
And it's time to be thankful for what you have.
Each Thursday, I want to share with you what I'm thankful for.

Two years ago at Formal!


My friends.
Moving away from home, by yourself for the first time is scary. I won't lie.
I can't sugar coat it anymore - it's been hard. I miss my friends and family.
Thank goodness I love my job or else it would really stink.
I've been staying busy with alumnae activities in my sorority and I'm starting to get involved with my church.
If I didn't keep busy, I'd probably be crying every night.

Halloween last year

But even through everything, I have amazing friends that haven't abandoned or forgot about me.
And this week, I found out my one friend is expecting a precious baby girl! 
Remember that post about how I dislike children?
Well, I still am not partial to toddlers. But I've grown to LOVE babies.
And I can't wait to spoil this little angel.


This is from a friend's 21 over a year ago. I was intoxicated already probably.
The person taking the picture was too.. clearly.

I'm not always the best friend, I'll admit it.
Sometimes intentionally or unintentionally, I'll ignore a text or a Facebook post.
Sometimes I get angry over the dumbest stuff. 
And sometimes I'm too good of a friend and I get annoying.
I've never had a huge group of friends. 
I can count on both hands how many friends I do have (hint- under 10.. duh).

I'm truly grateful and thankful of the friendships I have. 
Now that I'm without those close bonds on a daily basis, I'm valuing those from afar.


What are you thankful for? 
Link up here!

Thankful Thursdays




2 comments:

  1. Aww, what a sweet post. Friends are so important and it sounds like you have great ones.

    ReplyDelete

Unicorns and narwhals will dance over a rainbow of sunshine and candy kisses if you leave me a comment. :)