us

1.06.2012

Friday Life Lessons: Weight Loss

"What would you doo-hoo-oooo for a Klondike bar!?"

At this point, I would probably chop off my own arm. Okay, maybe not that extreme. But I would LOVE one right now. After I pigged out on FOUR ice cream sandwiches yesterday, I've decided that in edition to my diet now, I'm cutting out ALL sweets. SAY WHAT!?! DID SHE SAY ALL SWEETS!? Yes. Yes I did.


Google Image Search: Pretty sure this is what I look like on a regular basis.
Minus the small boobs and long hair.

This week's post is brought to you by the letter F. As in FAT. As I posted on Monday on National Weigh-In Day, I'm overweight. And it's really embarassing to say I am. I should never have gotten this size. I could have avoided it. How, you ask? Well, considering I have an addiction to sugar/sweets like the rest of my family... I'd say it started there.

And I realize you all probably haven't seen my actual face unless you are my friend on Facebook. (Which you should be - Go here to find me!) So here are some more recent pictures of me (past 6 months).

I'm on the left - the girl on the right is my 'twin' in my sorority.

We were carving pumpkins
And I just realized Brittany (the girl on the left) and I are wearing the same shirt.


Brittany is so tiny - I look like a whale next to her - but I love her!
This was in October and it was ridiculously hot outside, hence the sweaty-glow.

This is my gorgeous little (on the right)!
And it's embarrassing, but that shirt is too small.
But I don't have money to order a new one.

I don't look morbidly obese or anything, but I know you can tell my poor areas. Which is why I need to lose weight. (Oh and side note, if you couldn't figure it out... I'm in a sorority. Hence why all my pictures are taken the same way...)

Dieting is hard. Overall, I've been eating okay. But there's some points in the day I get weak. And I pig out. Like yesterday, when I had 4. FOUR. ice cream sandwiches. Which is why an essential part of my weight loss is cutting out all (processed) sugars. (Natural sugars are okay, as in fruits) I should cut out all processed foods, like my friend Max has. But let's be honest. My life is crazy right now, as a college student. So much of my foods are pre-made and made for on-the-run... aka processed.

And then the second part of weight loss, aside from diet... is the dreaded E word. Exercise. Oh boy. I do nothing all day, and for some reason I still go to bed at midnight (poor sleep habits, I know) finding that I haven't exercised all day. Yesterday I was really good. I danced with Dance Central and Zumba on Kinect for a good hour and then did some weight lifting and weights with squats & lunges. And my butt is feeling it today. Holy crap. I use to be a runner in middle school, which thinking now is eons in the past. But I learned some of my best exercising tips from that. And I want to become a runner again. I really would love to be able to do the half-marathon in the Pittsburgh Marathon in May, but I might not be at that level yet. I am going to train to do the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure, which is a 5k on Mother's Day. That I know I can do if I start training now. And because Breast Cancer is so close to my heart (my Grandmother is a 17 year survivor and I raise money constantly for it through my sorority), it's something I need to do. We usually do the 5k walk, but I think this time I need to sign up to run.
Google Image Search

Google Image Search


How the HECK am I going to do this? Especially now that I've cut out all processed sugars? Much prayer to God and strong willpower. It is NOT going to be easy at all. and I'm scared. Scared I'll slip up. But I need to do this.

So I'll leave you with this Jillian Michaels-esque (cause I'm listening to her podcast right now) style of advice: Losing weight is hard. Dieting is hard. Exercising is hard. And it's a whole heck of a lot easier to just eat that cookie. But why would you want to succumb to that? I know personally, it's going to take time. As in almost a year to fully train myself to lose the weight and keep it off. But I'm ready. And not exercising because you don't feel like it is the worst excuse ever - guilty as charged. It needs to be done. So.. 

Just Do It
Google Image Search


Stay tuned for next week's Friday Life Lesson post!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Unicorns and narwhals will dance over a rainbow of sunshine and candy kisses if you leave me a comment. :)