us

1.27.2012

Friday Life Lessons: Health edition

This edition of Friday Life Lessons is going to be short for you all, because I am sick at work (still have to make money..) and all I want to do is pin things all afternoon.

Health


I have been sick all week. With what, I'm not sure. I think it may be a combination of the cold and flu, but whatever it is.. I've been dead all week. Especially Monday - Wednesday. Now I'm starting to get better, but I still feel so darn tired all the time (even though today I legit slept for 12 hours. 12:30AM - 12:30PM... I was late for work[I was suppose to start at 1PM]).

Never ever take your health for granted. Seriously. It blows when you're sick. I wanted to accomplish so much this week. I even had a phone interview for a job, which I coughed my way though. Goodness I hope they let me proceed to an in person interview, to which I hope I'm not sick for.

It all started with my Mom being sick (as I've mentioned before, I still live at home). Then my sister got sick two weeks ago. And then last weekend, Saturday night to be exact... I was in the middle of playing some Call of Duty and quite literally (I know, I'm not using the proper form of the word), the sickness hit me. I got that headache & soreness you get right before you're going to be sick... UGH.

I've been trying to get better, but it's a slow process. I never use to get sick, but in the past six months I've been sick 3 times. Darn you college education and your forced social interactions! Thank goodness I don't live on campus, or else I'd be sick constantly.

Here are just some tips I know of that can help you feel better, whether it's emotionally or physically when you're sick.


Google Image Search

- Drink orange juice. This is a common cure for any sickness, because of the high Vitamin C content. I suppose you can mix those Emergen-C packets with water, but I've never tried them. I've heard mixed reviews, so I just stick to some OJ.


Google Image Search: I probably look like this in the library...

- Sleep. Best thing ever, IMO. I love sleeping. I love half waking up and then that warm feeling you get once you're falling back asleep. Ahh, bliss.


Google Image Search

- Stretch. Because I haven't been able to go to the gym (I don't want anyone else getting sick) or run outside (too cold), I find that doing some key stretches have helped my muscles not feel so sore. I've been doing some basic arm stretches, lunges, squats, toe touches.. those sorts of things. Also, because I haven't been able to fully workout, I've been doing some "strength" workouts with the 5lb weights (I have a set of them) in my room. And with those, I've just done some upper arm moves like bicep curls, lateral raises.. stuff like that. It's been helping me feel physically better.


Google Image Search: D'awwwhh!

- Play with pets, or if you don't have pets, ask to borrow someone's!  I'm a HUGE animal lover. I donate $25 every month to the ASPCA. I donate goods to local pet shelters anytime they post they're in need of something. I love animals. Cats, dogs, rabbits.. you name it, I probably love it. Except for maybe reptiles/weird rodents that may or may not kill you, regardless of domestication. But even then I still respect them.
Anyways. I love cuddling with my two cats and doggie. They are my best friends. Call me weird, whatever. But I talk with them, we have conversations and I love watching them play. Best form of therapy/wellness program ever. I only wish I had a younger dog as well, so I could take him/her on walks and run around with him/her. My doggie is around 16 years old, so he's feeling pretty worn out. But we still love him and play with him as much as he can.


Do you have any tips for me to get better ASAP? I'd really love to hear them, because this sickness BS is well... BS.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Unicorns and narwhals will dance over a rainbow of sunshine and candy kisses if you leave me a comment. :)