us

11.04.2013

stress from no stress.

I did absolutely nothing this weekend. Okay, that's a lie. I did some things. I played video games (the bulk of the weekend), ran some errands and went to church. I did watch the Steelers lose horrifically yesterday & let's not talk about it. I'm just glad I'm more of a hockey fan and the Pens are kicking butt so far *knock on wood*. 

But really, that was about it. I'm always super honest with you guys, so right now is no exception - I have some pretty serious credit card debt. Not as in I'm going to file for bankruptcy, but more like I should have never been lured by the plastic devil. In my efforts to combat that debt, I made an honest effort at a No-Spend-Weekend this weekend. I did spend some money, only about $20 but it was on various things - a new pack of Steripods, the Sunday paper (w/ coupons!), my stewardship at church (which shouldn't count but I want everything to count).

Aside from all of that, I really didn't do anything productive, just a relaxing weekend at home. But for some reason this morning I woke up with so much anxiety and so much stress. Maybe it's just because it's Monday and work is, well, work. Or maybe it's because I'm 3400 words behind in NaNoWriMo and I have no real structure to my novel, I'm just free writing. Literally. I don't know where this book is going to end up or what's going to happen. I'm the worst writer.

{via}
I actually kind of look like this lady now that I have bangs.
Yikes. 


I'm stressed from my debt and being an "adult" too. I do pay all my bills on time and usually with a few dollars as an overpayment, but no one prepared me for the fact that I'd be living on $79 for two weeks pretty much every two weeks. Like really!? I had more money in college. I know, I know - coupon the crap out of everything. I'm starting to get back into that with Christmas coming up. I wrote out my gift list and let's just say I need to start finding $20 everywhere. I even have a budget, which I stick to for the most part, but it never seems to help.

I think I'm just well overdue for that massage I promised myself I would get after I got my car back. Or I need to get a bottle of wine and a bottle of bubble bath soap and do nothing for an hour. 
How do you unwind and destress? Is it even possible!?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Unicorns and narwhals will dance over a rainbow of sunshine and candy kisses if you leave me a comment. :)