This week was one of those weeks where I felt like it was dragging on forever. It still doesn't feel like Friday, but maybe that's because I have so much on my plate right now. I'm still super behind in NaNoWriMo, haven't written since Wednesday. WHOOPS. I have nothing on my plate for tomorrow, so I think I'm going to spend the entire day at the library writing away. Aside from that, here's some things I'm loving from this past week.
{1} Snuggling kitties.
I mean really guys, how cute are my two fur babies? You can't really see KitKat's face, because he was mid-bath in this shot, but you get the idea. He was cuddled up next to my stomach, and while it's adorable I think he's trying to tell me there's too much blubber there for warmth. :P
{via}
{2} Carly's new puppy Teddy!
Okay, going along with the animal theme, one of my favorite bloggers Carly from The College Prepster adopted an ADORABLE new puppy this week! She's been posting pictures of him and he's so freaking cute. It makes me miss my dog (at my parents house) and makes me want a dog of my own. But I'm already at the 2 allowed pets limit in my apartment and I travel too much to be able to take care of a dog (for cheap, I know I could board him/her while I'm away).
Cats are so much easier - when I leave, I just set clean litter, a food & dispenser filled to the top and toys and I know they'll be okay.
{3} Alli's October Favorites
First I have a total woman crush on Alli because she's gorgeous. Second, because she's always so gorgeous I trust her recommendations on products! I may or may not be going out and buying that candle after work today. And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one out there who loves favorites videos. It's just so cool to see what other people are loving at the moment!
{4} Traveling!
The FAA announced last week that it's letting passengers use personal electronics during all phases of flight. Which is awesome because I would always buy a magazine ($$$) to read during that time when I couldn't use my tablet. I think you still have to wait to use your laptop, but that's fine with me since it's such a huge thing to lug in and out of your bag.
I'm also loving traveling this week because in a month and a half I'll be HOME for Christmas! I'm so excited. Ever since my car accident I have been really missing home and the familiar. I can't wait to see airports all decked out in Christmas decorations and to bake cookies and eat copious amounts of unhealthy food and watch Christmas movies and just be with family and friends. :)
**{5} Kiss Nail Art Gradation Polishes
Okay, full disclosure: this is NOT a favorite. I'm always honest with you guys and when I get products to review from Influenster, I'm definitely not a person to always have a glowing review of every product. Some really stink. Like you saw in my unboxing vlog, I received the Kiss Gradation set in gold. Which looked really pretty and the basic concept makes sense. You just layer the polishes on different sections of your nail.
They tell you to do one hand at a time, so you don't mess the other up I guess. Well, I don't ever do my nails like that so I messed up from the get-go. You put two coats of step 1, 1 coat of step 2 on the top 1/3 of your nail and then before that dries, you put step 3 on the tips of you nails.
I always put a base coat of clear down on my nails so the polish color doesn't stain, so including that layer I have 5-ish layers of polish on my nails. And the glittery step 3 didn't apply right so I look like a 5th grader who tried to become a nail art Instagrammer.
I love the gold shimmery color, and if you have patience in doing your nails this is the kit for you. I just wanted to try this out going into the weekend, but it's 100% a set for the holidays and no other time. I just look dumb with this on at work. I am a fan of nail art, but for me personally I just like the basics.
What was your favorite thing about this past week?
Are you loving the fall weather or over it already?


.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Unicorns and narwhals will dance over a rainbow of sunshine and candy kisses if you leave me a comment. :)