In just over a month on Saturday, December 7th I'll be running the Grizzlies House 5k which benefits St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. Originally, I wanted to push myself and run the half marathon. Fun fact: the half marathon sells out in a couple of hours of registration being open. Hours people. Of course I couldn't register for the full marathon and I don't have anyone to do the relay with me, so I decided the 5k was the route for me.
I've always known of the great work St. Jude does for childhood cancer treatment and research, but after moving to Memphis, St. Jude's hometown, I really saw the impact they have on so many families lives. I know many of you have kids, are having kids soon or will have kids in the next few years and God forbid if you'd ever need St. Jude, you'd love for donors just like you to be super gracious with any extra money they have. Even if you'd donate $10, that would make me run just a little bit faster. :) Of course your donation is tax deductible because St. Jude is a 501(c)(3) corporation (you can print a receipt after you submit).
Did you know:
- No family ever pays St. Jude for anything, including lodging, food and travel.
- It costs $1.8 million per DAY to operate St. Jude. 70% of that is donated by the public.
- $75 covers the cost of a party for a patient - Christmas, birthday or even a "coming off chemo" party.
- It costs $447 for one day's worth of oxygen for one patient.
Look, I know the holidays are coming and everyone, including me, is super strapped for cash. And aside from the occasional "go like this" or "go watch this", I never really ask anything of you guys because I hate begging for things. But it would mean the absolute world to me if you'd donate on my behalf for St. Jude.
You just reading this post means the world to me and if you could donate I'd be over the moon. I've been running a little bit here and there, but I'm going to start my training this week. Although I want to beat my last 5k time which was 38:57, it's more about running for the kids this race. The course actually takes us through the St. Jude campus and I know I'll start bawling as I'm running.
Click the button below to help me reach my goal or go HERE to see my participant site!
Seriously guys, thank you for your support of St. Jude. <3


No comments:
Post a Comment
Unicorns and narwhals will dance over a rainbow of sunshine and candy kisses if you leave me a comment. :)