Le sigh guys. I have failed this week. But in my defense, I was/still am sick with a cold and possibly strep throat. So shoot me because I didn't write at all this weekend while I was dying on the couch.
Honestly, NaNoWriMo is way harder than I thought it would be. I mean, I knew it would be tough and I read everyone's warnings that you will experience every emotion & stress out during it, etc, etc. But when I have breaks in my writing, like getting sick, I can't get the motivation to pick back up. I don't want to write.
I hate my characters. I think this story is so dumb, I don't even know why I thought of writing it. It's morphed from a sci-fi novel, to sci-fi & romance, to scifi-romance-young adult to a young adult scifi. I have no real direction. I didn't research anything about the lore I wanted to use (Hydras from Greek Mythology), and my main character is just a vessel for me to recount different parts of my life (in the part I wrote before I got sick, she was recounting for the reader her last relationship with "Mark" [names have been changed to protect the dumb] and it was essentially the SparkNotes version of my last relationship).
I think what I've learned so far from this month is that I am by no means a professional writer, or even an ameture writer. I'm like in the basement, in the subfloor. I think I'm better suited to just read these types of books and enjoy them from a reader's point of view.
But I continue on, and will get to the end of the month with some remnants of a story.
Any advice for me?
I'll take anything I can get!
Also, sorry to my amazing readers. I know I haven't been replying to your comments but again, I was sick and dying. I do read every single one and reply in my head. :)
.png)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Unicorns and narwhals will dance over a rainbow of sunshine and candy kisses if you leave me a comment. :)