us

8.12.2013

I'm alive & vacation recap!

I promise I'm still alive. I was on vacation all last week (yes, the one that I've been talking about for months!) and finally my apartment is somewhat back in order. So I think with summer winding down I'll actually be able to get on a semi-regular posting schedule again. WOO for blogging!


My vacation. Oh boy. What an adventure. This will probably be a 2 part series, because nothing can go normal, right?


It all started Saturday morning. My flight out of Memphis left at 6AM.  I woke up at 3:30 to shower and pack last minute things (iPhone cords, toothbrush, etc) and I knew I had to be parked by 4:30ish to get on the shuttle to the airport. Of course, because I am an idiot I didn't change the cat litter until that morning. Add 10 extra minutes on my get-out-of-the-door time. I didn't end up leaving my apartment until 4:25. COOL. The airport is a solid 30 minute drive away. I finally get to The Parking Spot (they're $4-5 cheaper per day than the actual airport. Learned that one the hard way awhile ago...) at 4:57. OH! And on top of this, as I pull out of my complex my 'Low Tire Pressure' light comes on. COOL. I'm pretty sure I have a nail in my front driver side tire, but more on that later. I obviously don't have time to stop and get air in it, so I pray that it holds up until I get to park.

As I'm pulling into the lot, some idiot is parked in the middle of the entrance to the lot. Appearantly he didn't realize he had to keep going to get on the ramp to get to the airport. This made the shuttle driver get out of the bus and direct the person, because they were blocking the shuttle entrance. Add 5 more minutes. By this time it's like 5:07, and my Delta app tells me we're boarding at 5:25AM. (Also for some reason I couldn't use a mobile boarding pass, so when I got to the airport I had to print my tickets.. sigh) It takes anywhere from 5-8 minutes to get from the lot to the airport. I finally got in and in the security line around 5:15AM, and THANK GOD Memphis isn't a real airport (like LAX or JFK) so it took me maybe 3 minutes to get through security. I board, connect through Atlanta and get to Harrisburg no problem. My sister (Connie) and I spent the rest of Saturday relaxing and Sunday morning we went out shopping for a bit. This was an amazing book that I should have bought, but I honestly would not have read it.


You wouldn't want a sour pussy...


Sunday was the Justin Timberlake & Jay Z concert in Hershey. There was never anything online or on our tickets about what time doors opened, it just said "8:00PM". Connie and I didn't know when we should get there, and we were only staying about 10 minutes away. We left around 6, got there by 6:30ish only to realize that normal, fun people besides us were tailgating. Duh, of course they are! (We never grew up being that WOO LET'S PARTY family, so we've never tailgated really). 

Concert Selfies... what whaaa?!

We get in and decide that hey, we're hungry. Connie went and grabbed some Redd's Apple Ale (not a sponsored post, although I wish you would Redd's...) and I wanted in line for some overpriced chicken fingers and fries. And a $3.50 water, which I ended up leaving at the food cart. Cool. For another $4 I got a lemonade instead. We then went over and looked at the merch.... and holy shit. What a rip off. They were selling a tank top that was thinner than a paper towel for $45. FORTY FIVE DOLLARS. I ended up forking over $40 for a t-shirt... which I shrunk yesterday in the wash (guess who needs to lose 30lbs so that fits better now....). Yeah Macklemore, I gave in. I should have waited until it ended up in the thrift shop.

Onto the concert. 8:00PM rolls around (or somewhere around there) and DJ Cassidy comes on. Which is obviously the "hype man". Can we just make this publically known that these "DJs" are absolutely terrible and cutting into the best line of the song to throw in the town's name we're in does not get me "hyped up", just really annoyed and frustrated???? Anyways. So after about an hour and a half of him playing basically The History of Rap (Connie and I were hoping JT & Jimmy Fallon would come out and perform, but alas... nothing), we finally get JT & Jay Z.


The concert was probably one of the best concerts I've ever been too. All of the concerts I've been to usually have each artist play a set. Because these two are bros, they performed majority of the songs together, which was awesome. JT obviously performed more, since he was the major act, but both of them played a solid set list of their most popular songs. Mostly old(er), which I found surprising. I'd say it was 75/25 old to new, but I loved it. I had no voice for a day after, and obviously I danced and sang like a stupid old woman, but I don't care. JT is my boyfriend. 



I'll let you know all about my adventures on 4 planes and 5 airports in ONE DAY in the next post. And there'll be a few more pictures. The only thing I regret about this trip was that I didn't use my point and shoot camera at all. I was in paradise and I didn't take a single picture with it. My New Years Resolution is failing miserably. :(


Oh! I promise I'll get back to catching up with all of my awesome blogger friends this week. I've missed reading up on your lives. Laying on the beach in the Florida sun was just more appealing to me than being glued to my iPad. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Unicorns and narwhals will dance over a rainbow of sunshine and candy kisses if you leave me a comment. :)