I'd be lying if I told you I have my life together. Honestly I really don't think anyone has their lives together, and if they tell you otherwise they're lying. But back when I was in college, I just felt put together. I remember waking up early (yes, a morning person in college), grabbing tea and sitting and just relaxing while I got ready for the day. I'd put together a really cute outfit (seriously... like a walking Pinterest) and grab my organized bag & purse and get to school like an hour before class.
Cut to today. I wake up at 8AM - I absolutely have to get into work by 9, most people get in 7:30-8 - scramble to get my shower, pick out an outfit, eat breakfast (if I'm lucky), grab random stuff and throw it in my purse/bag and run out the door. Most days my outfit doesn't even remotely match. I rarely, if ever, blow dry my hair (the humidity makes that a wasted attempt at styling, no matter how much product I put on), and I don't even wear eyeliner anymore because they all run and give me raccoon eyes or are massively waterproof.
Is it just me? Or is it part of being in your early 20's? I seriously feel like I'm in such a limbo stage with everything - relationships, finances, style... everything. I'm currently single, and yet everywhere I look around me people are getting married or knocked up (mostly out of wedlock... but that's another discussion) and basically shoving it down my throat that I'm suppose to be doing it too. I don't want a child right now and the fact that I know I couldn't take care of it still leaves me leagues ahead of most women I know that do have kids.
As far as finances go - yes, I have student loans out the butt. I'm not afraid to admit it. But I manage them. Yes, I have credit card debt. Do I have a full blown emergency fund yet? No, but I'm getting there. I did pay both my renters AND car insurance in full this month though, so that's something.
Style... I have no idea. I hear all the time how I should be focusing on "quality" not quantity. Which is a good argument, but when you DO have student loan debt most normal women can't afford to buy from J.Crew every other day. Sorry I'm not sorry, $32 for a basic white t-shirt is a little ridiculous. That's a tank of gas folks.
The shirt in question, pretty basic and 32.50
My apartment is another topic of being a mess. I've mentioned many times before how I have this habit of being super messy 5 days out of the week and 2 days it's spotless. This is a very vicious circle and I need to break it ASAP. The good news is I'm making progress and I have a black garbage bag filled with clothes that hopefully I can get some money for at Platos Closet. If not, they'll go to Goodwill with some other stuff I really don't need anymore.
I've also said this many times before and I'll say it again.... I hate standard grade apartment carpet. I hate carpet in general. Next place I move to, wherever that maybe (Memphis or otherwise), will have no traces of carpet anywhere.
Is there some divine secret I'm missing to figuring it all out? Should I be doing something to help me get my crap together? Do you have it all figured out (doubt it...)?
Help! Give me some advice please :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Unicorns and narwhals will dance over a rainbow of sunshine and candy kisses if you leave me a comment. :)