First step to recovery is admitting you have a problem, right? Well I have a problem. An expensive problem. And I need to fix it fast. I own far too many bags. I have big bags - duffles, large totes, suitcases. I have medium bags - laptop bags, work totes, shoulder bags and satchels. I have small bags - wristlets and clutches. I have bags in blue, brown, black, white, Coach pattern, Vera Bradley Pattern, stripes and even one with wool.
On any given weekday, if you walk into my apartment you'll find 2-3 empty purses thrown across the living room. I tend to switch out my purses in a hurry before I leave for work. The only upside to this is I've really gotten what I put in my purse down to the bare minimum. (That'll be a post for another day... maybe a vlog in the future... hmm). This is what my floor by my couch currently looks like. It doesn't look like much, but there's more under there. Sigh.
But I'm sick of it. I have a big Rubbermaid bin filled with these bags. I used the laptop/work bags/large totes so much in college to carry my laptop and books, but now I have no use for them. I use two bags for work, and at least one of them sits in my cube all the time - a backpack for when I travel/want to be hands-free while carrying my laptop and a shoulder bag which looks more professional when going to meetings.
I know I could donate the more basic ones to Goodwill (or even try to get some money from Platos Closet), but the expensive ones like the Coach bags and the Vera Bradley bags... I have a hard time even thinking about getting rid of them. They aren't in terrible condition - actually near perfect - but they just don't reflect where I am in my life anymore. The Coach one has the big "C's" all over it and the Vera one is.. well Vera.
I want to get down to only having two purses, two miscellaneous totes (1 medium and 1 large) and my luggage at the very most. Aside from struggling with departing with my current bags, I'm having a really hard time picking out new ones. Do I buy one black and one brown one but the same style? Or do I just buy one expensive black bag and call it a day? To all my fashion/style blogger friends - how important is it to have a bag match your outfit?
If I could actually make up my mind, here are some of the ones I've been looking at recently. The Coach one is a mega splurge and I'd probably never, ever spend that much on a bag... but it's pretty. I'm really considering going with the first one, from Aldo. And the brown one by Steve Madden. Probably. Maybe.





No comments:
Post a Comment
Unicorns and narwhals will dance over a rainbow of sunshine and candy kisses if you leave me a comment. :)