* My Bloglovin' link was wrong in the sidebar... click the Plus sign ( + ) to follow me there! :) *
Today I'm linking up with Laura, Sarah and my other wonderful fellow Tennessee Bloggers! This time we're talking about all things end of summer, back to school and the upcoming fall season! Basically my end of summer was last week when I was on vacation with my family! If you didn't see my recaps you can read part one here and part two here!
Today I'm linking up with Laura, Sarah and my other wonderful fellow Tennessee Bloggers! This time we're talking about all things end of summer, back to school and the upcoming fall season! Basically my end of summer was last week when I was on vacation with my family! If you didn't see my recaps you can read part one here and part two here!
It's back to school time! All K-12 kids down south are already back to school (which is odd for me, since I never went back in K-12 until the Wednesday before Labor Day, so next week). I helped with move in for my sorority I'm an advisor for at Arkansas State in Jonesboro this past weekend and recruitment activities are gearing up for the ladies! It's really exciting. As I was sitting with some of the new alumnae, they were talking about grad school and it made me miss starting school again. I loved buying new notebooks and pens & pencils (although now I realize I never needed new ones because I have an entire bag filled with extra that I'm donating!) and all that other fun stuff. I love learning and listening to lectures.
I am sort of back in education because I'm taking the Dale Carnegie course which teaches you how to be a more effective leader and sharpen communication skills. I'm taking it through work (they're reimbursing me, thank goodness!) and at first I was a little hesitant but now I'm excited to go each Thursday. And I always feel better about, well, everything, when I come out. If you have the chance to take it, I highly suggest it!
Aweee, kitty! via
Fall is my absolute most favorite season. When (or should I say IF) I get married, I want to get married around the end of September/beginning of October because it's just gorgeous outside. Not too hot, the leaves are changing and fall colors are so rich and gorgeous. I think with fall coming up (it'll be here before we know it!) and back to school I think it's a great time for change. The easiest change I do is just to clean my apartment. It took me an hour and a half today to clean my itty-bitty desk in my office. This weekend I'll be cleaning non-stop all day and night, I can feel it.
I also LOVE fall because I feel like I dress so much cuter. Seriously. Summer, especially in the South, is a killer. Not only on my electric bill but style wise too. Granted, I do spend 90% of my day inside in an air conditioned office, but I do go outside and when I do I'd rather be wearing a tank and shorts rather than dress pants and a stuffy blouse.
I can't complain too much, I did accept the job here and I knew it'd be hot. And I do like the heat (it's better than 15 degree winters in Pittsburgh, no thanks!) but I love the cool 60's and 70's more. Which is also awesome because it's been in the low 80's here lately.
I can't complain too much, I did accept the job here and I knew it'd be hot. And I do like the heat (it's better than 15 degree winters in Pittsburgh, no thanks!) but I love the cool 60's and 70's more. Which is also awesome because it's been in the low 80's here lately.
Here are just a few of my favorite outfits from my fashion & beauty board on Pinterest that I'll be for sure replicating in the coming months! Who knows, maybe I'll even take a picture or two of a few of them for y'all!




If you can't tell, I have a thing for scarves! I also want to pick up a pair of motorcycle booties - so digging those lately. I just wish I had an unlimited budget so I could by everything I see on Pinterest.... but don't we all?? :)
What are some of your favorite fall fashions?
Let me know in the comments!
* Oh and if you're a Tennessee blogger, click the button and link up! *


No comments:
Post a Comment
Unicorns and narwhals will dance over a rainbow of sunshine and candy kisses if you leave me a comment. :)