No, this post isn't an April Fools Joke.
Seriously - it's not.
I've thought a lot about my health, fitness and general well-being lately
And to be honest, I'm lazy.
I'm a nerd 100%, so I get joy out of sitting in front of a computer for hours upon hours.
(Try 8 hours at work and another 4-5 when I get home. Yeah.)
Ever since I moved to Memphis in August, I've been toying with the idea of running in the St. Jude Marathon (which happens in December).
I don't think I could live here and see all the amazing work they do without doing my part.
And well, why the heck not?
After thinking about it for several months, I don't think at this point in my life I can commit to the full marathon.
But you know what is just as good and "why-would-you-put-yourself-through-that"?
The Half Marathon.
That's right folks.
I'm gonna run a Half Marathon.
When the logical side of my brain thinks about this, it is achievable.
This is how I'll train:
1) Get off my ass.
2) Start running at least 3 times a week.
3) Register for a 5k every two to three weeks.
4) In September, find a 10k (or 2) to run.
5) Keep training and by the time December rolls around...
6) Run 13.1 miles
Seems simple enough, right?
That's what I'm praying for.
I appreciate words of encouragement, because I'll need them.
Also, I'm gonna start a thing for April - EEDA.
EEDA? Exercise Every Day in April.
Today I started out slow with a 30 minute walk, because it was gorgeous out.
Also, I was too lazy to run.
Feel free to join me with the #EEDA.
Turns out it's some weird Spanish hashtag on twitter, but whatever.
Ours is better.

Holy mother fuck. I just dropped my jelly beans on my floor when I read this. Even I won't do that. Good lord- are you sugar deficient right now? Maybe you're going senile? What is happening? Do I need to call an emergency contact for you??? ;)
ReplyDeleteThat's so awesome...good luck training :)
ReplyDeleteAnnie
The Other Side of Gray
Good for you! This is great and it's a step forward. I need to get running again and maybe Ill join a marathon as well.
ReplyDelete-Vogue&Heels
vogueandheels.com
Good luck!!! I did a 8K last year and hoping finish a marathon one day! Hope you are having a wonderful day!
ReplyDelete-Jyoti
Style Delights Blog
wow amazing!! I am wishing you the best of luck and motivation!
ReplyDeletexx Kate
The Style Department