This of course means I need money. And lots of it. So back by my own popular demand, I'm bring back my $30 a week series!
Google Image Search
If you never read it back when I started, here are the rules I have for myself:
Things that do NOT count toward the budget- Filling up my car with gas does not count in the $30 a week. This is because I need to fill my car up to get to campus work.
- Paying bills does not count toward the budget. This shouldn't be an issue because I paid off both credit cards recently. It will be more of a challenge to not spend on them.
- If I need to purchase something that is more than $30 (ex. a textbook for a class that starts the beginning of March, which I think will cost around $150.. ugh.), I must set aside a reserve account and save to purchase it. Or in the case of the textbook, where I may not have enough saved up to purchase it, I must continue the reserve account to pay off my credit card.
- I will check-in every Sunday. I like choosing Sunday because the week (in my mind/schedule) goes from Sunday - Saturday. So from that previous Sunday to the day before the post (Saturday) I will break down my spending for the week.
I won't begin until next Sunday, because I haven't tracked anything for this previous week. So stay tuned next Sunday for a post!
Do you have any tips on how to save money? Leave a comment below or email me at kimberrleigh(at)gmail(dot)com!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Unicorns and narwhals will dance over a rainbow of sunshine and candy kisses if you leave me a comment. :)