us

7.02.2012

long time, no talk.

Why hello there! Remember me? You should.


Not much has been happening on my end of things. We are less than one month away from my big move, so I should fill you in on some things.

- I bought a car. If you didn't get a chance to read that post, head over here to check it out! A week later and I'm still madly in love with it. Even paying the $830 for insurance for the next six months didn't make me want to vomit - so that's a good sign, right?

- Work has been great; I got my first big girl job paycheck! It felt really awesome. But I just had to spend tons of it on said insurance^. Sigh. But my team has been so nice and welcoming, a great environment for my first job!

We painted her bathroom a little bit deeper shade of mint.
It was so pretty (better than that atrocious pink..)!

- My cousin Cassie bought a house! This is a picture of us painting her bathroom, excuse my horrid-ness and awesomely long arm. It was like 90 some degrees outside, and even though her place has air - in the Pittsburgh humidity, A/C doesn't mean much!
With that - when did we become adults? When did talking about wood laminate flooring and rototilling the yard become something fun to talk about? I mean, it is fun - but I feel like this adulthood hit me so hard in the  face over the past month.

- When buying my car/getting insurance, I've never signed my name so much in my life.

- I'm a Type A personality, so being highly organized when packing is key. Otherwise we'll get into panic attack mode and no one wants that.
We've decided to not hire a moving company, since their minimums are 2100lbs (seriously!? That's like a family of 5's crap..) and max 500 miles away from PGH, which I'll be around 750-800 miles away. It's not that big of a deal, since I really only have about 10 boxes + bags("suitcase bags" and purses) filled with clothes and possibly my mattress to move. It shouldn't be too bad... I hope.



One last thing - I always heard the phrase "The days are long but the years are short." I always liked it, but now that I'm an adult, I never really appreciated it as much as I should. Since we are down to less than a month before I move, I've grown to appreciate time with close friends and family. I can already tell it will be a shock to not see them every day/week/weekend. Obviously I'll make new friends, but those key people that have grown up with you... they're the ones that mean the most.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Unicorns and narwhals will dance over a rainbow of sunshine and candy kisses if you leave me a comment. :)