Like the song, except I replaced sex with fashion. See what I did there?
Clearly my priorities are in order.
ANYWAY. Even though I'm working and I have a steady paycheck, it won't be steady for at least a month, since I have to buy a couch for my new place and other items. So no spending on "me" exactly. Apartment therapy.
If you follow me on Pinterest (which you should..) you'll see that over the past few months, I've been pinning general inspiration to my 'Home' board (which is inspiration + what I want my future home to look like) and things I want to buy/options for furniture & other items for my apartment to my 'Apartment' board.
See what I did there again?
See what I did there again?

I have awesome design style, right?
I should probably go on Design Star next season.
I should probably go on Design Star next season.

If I ever see a spider that size in my apartment, I'm SPRINTING back home.
Isn't the elephant teapot adorbs? I know.
So as you can see, I need lots of stuff. Which means I'm on a clothes-shopping freeze for a long time. Which also sucks, because I'll be actually working in the office so no more PJs to conference calls.
If I could afford some clothes, I'd buy what I pictured below. When I was shopping with my sister yesterday, I made the realization that places like Forever21 or AE or even the "young adult" section of Kohl's is just too young looking for me. Except for buying accessories, because sometimes I just can't spend $50 on ONE bracelet.
The pieces I picked below I simply chose them for visual appeal, not on price - which is usually my first criteria (price). I'm trying for more color too. And while some pieces, like #4, is just sold as a top, I like the whole look. And why can't the model in #4 & #5 just smile???
The pieces I picked below I simply chose them for visual appeal, not on price - which is usually my first criteria (price). I'm trying for more color too. And while some pieces, like #4, is just sold as a top, I like the whole look. And why can't the model in #4 & #5 just smile???

{1} Banana Republic | $45
{2} Ann Taylor | $78
{3} Forever21 | $3.80
{4} Banana Republic | $79.50
{5} Banana Republic | $98
{6} Forever21 | $12.80
{7} Ann Taylor | $59.99
{8} Loft | $54.50
{9} kate spade | $368*
{10} Forever21 | $6.80
{11} Asos | $62.97
{12} Forever21 | $19.80
* I can't even explain how in love with this skirt I am.
I need to save for at least 6 months to justify spending almost $400 on it. A girl can dream, right?
I need to save for at least 6 months to justify spending almost $400 on it. A girl can dream, right?
It's hard, working in IT which is a male-dominated field, to be fashionable but still be respected. I have to dress business casual, but BOLD colors and patterns are kind of out of the picture. I do love pops of color, but some "work-appropriate" clothes fashion bloggers post aren't really logical for the rest of us who aren't working in Marketing or some other "fun" field.
Obviously I'm not a fashion blogger, so the quality of that styleboard was pretty terrible. Don't rip me apart, kthx.
Any advice on chic, work appropriate clothes? And where to find them for reasonably cheap (don't say Marshall's/TJ Maxx!)
Obviously I'm not a fashion blogger, so the quality of that styleboard was pretty terrible. Don't rip me apart, kthx.
Any advice on chic, work appropriate clothes? And where to find them for reasonably cheap (don't say Marshall's/TJ Maxx!)
What a great post! Love all your picks :) Would love for you to check out our blog!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.evokela.com/
xo. April & Brittan