I want to apologize in advance if you rarely see me post here (I'll try to comment as much as possible if I don't post). My life, much like my childhood bedroom, is in a state of confusion and chaos currently.
As of Saturday (for payroll purposes, today officially) I am employed. I started work this morning. I don't have my laptop yet, but I should be able to pick it up this week. In the meantime, I'm slated to read basic documents and get the general gist of what I'll be doing.
I'm also at the tail end of purchasing a car - and by tail end, I mean my credit has been approved, it has been test driven and ready for me to pick up... except we have to wait for the title for the car we're trading in to come in the mail because we can't find it. So hopefully it comes quick this week (PennDot already put it in the mail, so USPS be on my side!) so I can pick it up and snap some shots for a post for you later this week.
This isn't my actual car - well, it is. The color and body style/year is right.
This came from Google Image Search - my dealer only has stock photos on their site.
I received all my benefits information in the mail today so my day has consisted of reading the documents I need to for work and figuring out how much I'll be needing in healthcare costs over the next year. Man, nothing ages you and shoots you into adulthood like selecting benefits.
I've also been on the phone with insurance for my future car, and luckily the woman is super awesome and nice, otherwise I'd be in the fetal position on the floor.
So yeah. This is adulthood then. A little crazy, but so far so good. I think I can do this.
I have no other choice, right?

Every thing you have to do to get a life going is so hard with a million steps along the way, and I don't think teenagers or even college students appreciate that. I remember taking a "Life Preparation" class my senior year in high school. Best class EVER. It was a one credit elective but I seriously think stuff like that should be mandatory.
ReplyDeletenice car! lovely color. adulthood is scary but you can do it! I am your newest follower! I cannot wait to read more of your posts and hope that maybe you can return the favor and follow my preppy blog. I always comment for every comment left on my page and hope to start a friendly relationship with your wonderful blog!
ReplyDelete