Don't worry, nothing is wrong with me. My sister dislocated her knee over 10 years ago and it's been going out on her and giving her problems ever since. Finally we've found a great doctor that wants to fix her, for lack of a better word.
| Notice that guy in a maroon top and gray sweats sleeping, lol! |
This is only half the waiting room. It extends past that opening and is filled up in the other section as well. Holy. Cow. Also, I think there is either some intense surgery going on on the other side of the wall next to me or it's construction. Either way, it's annoying.
| These are like the buzzers you get at restaurants! |
Thanks to Pinterest, I found an awesome blogpost on organized moving. Which got me to thinking about my move. Over the past few weeks, in between funeral homes, graduations and seeing old friends, I've been cleaning like a mad woman. You never realize how much CRAP you have until you start to clean it out. And let me tell you, I have lots of it. I'd say since January, I've thrown away around 14 large black contractor black bags of garbage out of my room. This is bittersweet, because it feels so good to be rid of clutter, but it makes me sad that I actually had that much in my room and I (or my family) spent that much on crap.
When I move into my new place, I will become a minimalist. I've started the task of packing - packing little things like decorations and pictures and speakers that I don't really immediately need for the next two months. Once I get home at some point later today, I'll start packing away winter clothes, because in Pittsburgh right now, no one is thinking about snow.
| Current weather forecast for the week, hot hot hot! |
I've been trying to pinpoint how many boxes I'll need. In my mind I have a small movie collection - I'm not really into movies (GASP! I know, how I could I not love movies? I suppose I don't have the attention span for them), but after thinking about it I may need a medium sized box to move them all. Or I could sell/give them away. Who knows. I do have tons of bags - purses, work bags, gym bags, etc - and I've been trying to give those away/donate them, but for some reason I just can't. Emotional attachment. Someone call Hoarders.
Do you have any advice for early packing? What would be the best things to pack two months ahead of time? Know of any sites for moving advice?
Follow me on Pinterest!
I'm not a huge movie lover either! But I would pack everything I don't use every day. I'm not kidding. I'm the QUEEN of packing, purging, organizing, etc. I have no emotional attachment to most of my stuff, especially when I know I can donate it or make some money off of it. LOL!
ReplyDeleteoh gosh, dislocating your knee sounds terribly painful! fingers crossed this doctor will be able to keep this pain away!
ReplyDeleteand i'm right there with you girl! i really want to become a minimalist when the mister and i move into our new place in just a few short months :)
xo TJ
I've moved SO often that you'd think I had it down and could give you all kinds of tips. I guess the best I could say is if you're going to do early packing, start with one room at a time, go through everything and decide if you actually NEED it all the time. If not, pack it.
ReplyDelete